Re: NOBLET = VIEVILLE ?

Not sure what you're implying, Eugim. This was, of course, De Gebelin's position too, inversing the image to make him stand on a foot (as also in the Etteilla decks, following De Gebelin).

I have personally found it to be great 'poetic' license to be able to write twelve as 'IIX' above an image that is itself inversed. Even if there was perhaps an original 'error', it kind-of feels quite apt to allow for this as an 'inverted' representation of twelve given the additive form of numbering.

Personally, I do not see any problems therewith, nor any indication that eight was either intended nor conceived.
&
association.tarotstudies.org

It's hard to understand what the French would have meant by "Le Pendu" if he were turned right side up.

One thing that I do find interesting is the pattern in the left hill on the Vieville. It reminds me of the pattern in the upper corners of the Bologna:

The Vieville seems to have some relationship to the Bologna pattern, so IF Le Pendu were turned upside down, then the pattern in the hill might be understood as being related to the the patten in the upper corners on some Bologna cards.

JMD and Robert my dearly friends...

1-Gave the deepest arguments you both did I decided to place ahead LE PENDV upwards till now.
2-Thus for me of course a depiction of levitation.
The Man who after countless "tests" proved enough his is able to help to us to search and find ours Souls.
3-So for that he MUST return to this life (X card) and incarnate and prove again his attributes.
Gained after VIII did weigh his Soul (So ther % of matter within)

eugim ;)
The Universe is like a Mamushka.

Could you tell me Robertinho (Brazilian way ) where LE PENDV is tied ?
1-Don t tell that Monsieur Dodal "cut off" the image please ?
2-So is not PAR LES STRANGER ?
3-What a foreign card player could understand about an inverted number and about a figure that is tied to "anywhere" ???.
-So how play this card ?
Seriously I mean ...
4-Please place in time...
Cards players were illiterates .

EUGIM wrote:Could you tell me Robertinho (Brazilian way ) where LE PENDV is tied ?
Monsieur Dodal "cut off" the image when he added the titles.

:)

And honestly, it's great that he did it. It shows us that he was struggling with using a woodblock like the one that created the Sforza Castle cards, and sacrificed part of the image to add the number and title. It shows up on many of his cards, including, of course, his struggle with the World card, the Valets, Death, and The Lovers.

robert wrote:
EUGIM wrote:Could you tell me Robertinho (Brazilian way ) where LE PENDV is tied ?
Monsieur Dodal "cut off" the image when he added the titles.

:)

And honestly, it's great that he did it. It shows us that he was struggling with using a woodblock like the one that created the Sforza Castle cards, and sacrificed part of the image to add the number and title. It shows up on many of his cards, including, of course, his struggle with the World card, the Valets, Death, and The Lovers.

Hello Robert, Miguel and all the crew,

You can't imagine how right you are when you think that images were cut off.
Expend your vision of cards and just authorise yourself to remove the curtain that partly covered images.
And just allow you,after this first step (and Only after this first job) to ADD cardridges (top and bottom).

If you accept this two fundamentals steps, you are now ready for.... close future.

Be patient again 8-)

YLM
Personne n'est au dessus de l'obligation de dire la vérité.
Nobody is above obligation to tell truth.

Hello Yves:
May be my english is till now far from the farthest,but / are you saying that there" was" a crossbar on the Dodal card and then was cut off ?
If yes,which was the purpose ?
How corroborate this ?

:?:

EUGIM wrote:Hello Yves:
May be my english is till now far from the farthest,but / are you saying that there" was" a crossbar on the Dodal card and then was cut off ?
How corroborate this ?

The purpose was to add the titles.

robert wrote:
EUGIM wrote:Hello Yves:
How corroborate this ?

The purpose was to add the titles.
And again, I say... Take the Noblet, the Dodal and the Vieville.. and lay each card out together, and then look at the tops and bottoms of the cards. Compare the Lovers, compare Strength, compare The World, compare Le Pendu... compare.