old Oswald Wirth cards

Hi everyone,
I recently turned up an example of Oswald Wirth's 1926 tarot rendered as cards, rather than the two-per-page pamphlet thingy published by Le Symbolisme. To my surprise and delight I found the inside of the slip-case contained a personal dedication and signature from the man himself. (see pic below)
My query is, what do the letters T:.C:.S:. stand for? And also, what about the triangle of dots?
It has been suggested that they could stand for 'Tres Cher Soeur', with the dots simply being a fancy abbreviation symbol, but has anyone any other ideas please?
Best, Sumada

You can see some more pics of this deck here:- http://sumada.multiply.com/photos/album ... irth_Tarot
The stars are matter, we are matter, but it doesn't matter! Don Van Vliet
Attachments

Re: old Oswald Wirth cards

Beautiful edition Sumada! You're very lucky - guard it well!

The three dots are typical of initiatory orders, e.g. G:.D:. (Golden Dawn), O:.T:.O:. (Ordo Templi Orientis), etc. I don't know which Order Wirth might be alluding to offhand (it's probably in "Wicked Pack of Cards" or "History of the Occult Tarot"), or if it is just an esoteric wink.

I think "Très Chère Soeur" is not a bad guess for the abbreviation. In orders that use Latin, "Cara Soror" and "Care Frater" are sometimes used in place of "Dear Sister" and "Dear Brother", but "T" can't be a Latin abbreviation for any word that means "very" (AFAIK), so I'd go with the French (and the rest of the text is written in that language as well).

Ross

These are just lovely, Sumada.

I've sent you a pm about another of your decks--I mention it here because the pm notifier from this forum got sent to my e-mail spam folder a couple of times--I had to slap gmail around to get it to stop doing that :)

Ross G. R. Caldwell wrote:Beautiful edition Sumada! You're very lucky - guard it well!
Hi Ross,
Thanks very much for your input. I most certainly will guard it well. I don't think the seller knew what they had, and didn't even say, or show that it was signed; hardly anyone else bid on it !; AND it cost me less than my Editions de L'Aigle * version!! Staggering stuff eh?
Best Sumada
The stars are matter, we are matter, but it doesn't matter! Don Van Vliet