On the education of a Prince son
The three games to teach young dolphins: chess, sbaraglino and tarot

‘L’Epulone’ by Frugoni - 1645
Who does not have the Moon, the Sun and the World is a Tarot

A tarot in the form of a jester
As described in a work by Tommaso Buoni in 1605

The invention of the Cross - 1633
Where both friends are discovered to be tarocchi

The last three articles concern the meaning of Tarot as crazy.
Web page : http://letarot.it/page.aspx?id=23&lng=eng

Re: Le Tarot cultural association News 2017

Please note that these essays are as yet in Italian only, with no immediate plans for translation. Also, regarding
while Italian literature is imaginative, the work quoted here does not imagine teaching chess, etc., to dolphins (although why not?). In Italian "delfino" means both "dolphin" and "heir apparent", borrowing, I think, from the French "dauphin".

mikeh wrote:
05 Jan 2018, 14:14
Please note that these essays are as yet in Italian only, with no immediate plans for translation. Also, regarding
while Italian literature is imaginative, the work quoted here does not imagine teaching chess, etc., to dolphins (although why not?). In Italian "delfino" means both "dolphin" and "heir apparent", borrowing, I think, from the French "dauphin".
In French indeed dauphin as it is written or pronounciated has these two significations :
- dauphin = dolphin
- dauphin = "royal" heir

Btw, this 'bivalence" was one of the interrogations about the Dolphin = Dauphin? of the Goldschmidt luxury hand painted remaining cards
Web page : http://letarot.it/page.aspx?id=23&lng=eng

During his Christmas break from teaching, Andrea had time to work with me on improving the translation of his old iconological essays, as well as updating them in line with information that has come to light since and removing material that while interesting was not currently verifiable, at least by us. These essays were originally written some time ago.

We managed to get through eight of them, all of Popess through Hermit (although there are some slight revisions yet to be inserted into Justice). When Andrea has more time we will continue.

I personally hope that the old versions will continue to be available on trionfi.com, as we might have removed material that is still of value. They just occasionally have what seems to be outdated information, or arguments that could be stated or organized more effectively. And their English versions are rather awkward and sometimes unreliable. For quotes from common Christian sources, for example, I have inserted standard English translations from the Latin instead of trying to translate Andrea's Italian translations from the same source. In general they are better than anything I could hope to come up with. In other cases there are the usual interchanges between us until we get something that seems right to both of us.