Re: The RED MAN of The Visconti-Sforza Tarot (PMB)

Huck here are links to 2 topics on Aeclectic I often linked to before ...

http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=128423

http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.ph ... ost4571448

... and here is a link to a single post in the 2nd topic.

http://www.tarotforum.net/showpost.php? ... ostcount=2

Please let me know whether you suffer any restrictions while trying to access these links.
I believe nobody is required to register at Aeclectic to read them - but I could be wrong.

My browsers do sometimes marvelous things.
And when I remember correctly your browser is not always in the mood to let you read unrestricted texts either.

So please do your best to make the texts you are referring to accessible for EVERYONE - you know: like you do with numerous pages from olden books here often with passion.

Thanks for understanding

Adrian

.... well, it really doesn't work, as it seems, aeclectic gave only a momentary link to the search results

.... then you have to go back to my earlier description, which you failed to understand

Search engine aeclectic (advanced)
User: Rosanne
Keyword: straw hat

You will get about 32 references with links, looking like this ...
29-07-2010
Replies: 62
Straw hat debate
Views: 12,295
Posted By Rosanne
In regards to the painting of Saint Anthony the...

In regards to the painting of Saint Anthony the Abbot/Hermit and Saint George in the Straw Hat, it is interesting to note that on the Feast day of Saint Anthony, blessed bread is given to the people-...
Forum: Tarot History & Development 29-07-2010
Straw hat debate
Posted By Rosanne
Regardless of nay-sayers, there seems some...

Regardless of nay-sayers, there seems some particular association with the Visconti/Sforza milan families and Straw Hats.
It was very odd to see a picture of Saint George, accepted as commissioned...
Forum: Tarot History & Development 27-07-2010
Straw hat debate
Posted By Rosanne
Guess I should make myself clear. Sforza beats...

Guess I should make myself clear. Sforza beats the Dragon (alluding to the viper) Saint George's hat is now on the Table. No wonder Sforza did not wear ostentatious hats- even straw ones :laugh:
Forum: Tarot History & Development 27-07-2010
Straw hat debate
Posted By Rosanne
Was 40 Kilometres (Cremona) or 20...

Was 40 Kilometres (Cremona) or 20 Kilometers(Lodi)now; as the crow flies, a little closer to Milan, in the 15th Century considered to be within the district?
It is hard to consider. I walked 7 K to...

etc.
Huck
http://trionfi.com

This update does not really belong here - but since some readers may not only be interested in the PMB and hold a similar interest for the evolution of Tarot (especially from the PMB to the Tarot de Marseille) in general - I want to make sure that you do not miss out on this new topic on the Unicorn Terrace:

Tarot de Marseille Type II: The Ouroboros Project
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1119

There the OP is just up with some fundamental links – for example a conversion from the scribd PDF by „C“ into 270 JPGs on Dropbox because scribd got less readable in the last year for non-members there.
The original file is still up there – but now you can have a more comfortable look page by page.

I often mentioned the OUROBOROS and his significance for the Tarot and it's formation.
The Goldschimidt cards (if you remember?) depict him just in the correct position and his lore is portrayed in lively movement through them to create the EGG that I hinted at in some comments.

„C“ did present that already - but of course in a shortened version because (I assume) when someone is so close with any subject that it becomes difficult to explain a personal very familiar process to a person NOT familiar with the same matter.

Many details blur into one frame and may get lost for the newcomer and the process is not understood to it's complete content – so I tried to make up for that because I experienced myself months of reflecting on what he might have meant with some phrases and pictures.

Adrian