Moved from AT

Yggdrasilian wrote on AT (but I don't know if he'll see this) -
Rather than contrive extraneous forums, Historical Research would benefit from a reappraisal of Tarot as QaBaLaH cypher. Whatever the motive for avoiding this discussion, be it the preservation of dominant paradigm, safeguarding of esoteric knowledge, or adherence to a methodology which arbitrarily favors external over internal evidence, the persistent evasion ultimately undermines this forum’s credibility.

manibus date lilia plenis
To which I responded on the now-closed thread -

"Frater Perdurabo said jokingly that everything contained the Truth, if you knew how to find it; and, being challenged, proceeded to make good. It is here inserted not for any value that it may have, but to test the reader. If it is thought to be a joke, the reader is one useless kind of fool; if it is thought that Frater P. believes that the maker of the Tarot had any occult intention, he is another kind of fool."

(based on Aleister Crowley, "An Interlude", Book Four, part 2, note)

This is a very slightly paraphrased passage from a chapter in which Crowley derives great mystical and magical, Qabablistic truths from children's nursery rhymes. He was so steeped in these subjects, that, like he said, you can find this "truth" in everything, in random places, wherever you look. Just like Court de Gébelin, who was steeped in his encyclopedic attempt to restore the pristine philosophy, even a simple game could be seen to possess the supreme Truth.

What shorter step than to think, having seen this Truth in a nursery rhyme, or an old game, that the maker of the game intended it in the first place? Well, at least we know what Crowley thought of such thinking.

Crowley seems to have believed that Tarot was made with such an intention, but with a little more knowledge he would probably have acknowledged that, like with the nursery rhymes, what occultists think they see in the Tarot is their own reflections, rather than what the maker intended.

Re: Moved from AT

The temptation to post there is so strong because there are so many people. It's easy to keep something going. We would have to make a determined effort to boycott AT if we want to punish them - but would they care? I need AT more than AT needs me, so I buckle. I want to keep up good diplomatic relations with them, in other words. A lot more eyes read new discoveries.

This is a better place, by far, but because the complainers get no indulgence from the moderators - ok, I admit, just Robert with some help from me - when they get pissed off, they just leave. That's great, but I have to admit, a masochistic part of me misses those insistently stupid people, if only because it impels me to respond with proper information.

Funny, isn't it? We need the irritation.

Well, the course of AT is all too predictable -

Historian conversation gets going.
Person with curiosity but no competence reads it.
Said person feels uncomforable with the tone of the posts - or worse, posts and gets a critique.
Said person complains to moderation about historians.
Moderation steps in, asking for change, for calming down, or removing posts.
Historians say "but it's none of their business"
Moderator says "everyone must feel welcome"
Historians say "everyone is, but they should know this is how it's done here."
Moderator says "but THIS is how it is done here"
THREAD CLOSED

They did it ....

... as far I remember, my text didn't contain a link, just the Trionfi-Village picture, and actually the forum is closed, cause it was full of spammers ...

But, who cares ...
... does anybody have Solandia's email?
Last edited by Huck on 30 Mar 2012, 19:39, edited 1 time in total.
Huck
http://trionfi.com

Hi, Ross,
Ross G. R. Caldwell wrote:The temptation to post there is so strong because there are so many people.
There might be a lot of people at a huge multi-plex forum run by Fundamentalist Christians, and they might have a special little section for discussing evolutionary biology... but it will inevitably be dominated by Creationists. Real biologists might hope to reach a broader audience, but still... "they aren't your kind, boy -- keep to your own kind."

Best regards,
Michael
We are either dwarfs standing on the shoulders of giants, or we are just dwarfs.

mjhurst wrote:Hi, Ross,
Ross G. R. Caldwell wrote:The temptation to post there is so strong because there are so many people.
There might be a lot of people at a huge multi-plex forum run by Fundamentalist Christians, and they might have a special little section for discussing evolutionary biology... but it will inevitably be dominated by Creationists. Real biologists might hope to reach a broader audience, but still... "they aren't your kind, boy -- keep to your own kind."

Best regards,
Michael
Yeah, I've come to that conclusion.

In reality, I knew we would stir up shit just with this little bit of activity, so I just wanted to have a little fun, to prove a point. I certainly haven't lost any sleep over it.

Huck wrote:They did it ....

... as far I remember, my text didn't contain a link, just the Trionfi-Village picture, and actually the forum is closed, cause it was full of spammers ...

But, who cares ...
... does anybody have Solandia's email?
There was no link. And it was hardly a promotion, more like a tease for those willing to look.

The last and only email address I have for Solandia is -
webmaster@aeclectic.net

Ross

robert wrote:Oh my god, that's hysterical, if not terribly sad.

YOU WILL BE PUNISHED!
... :-) ... I hope you don't mean me ...
For the Forum punishment:
... Actually it's better me than someone else, so they've really a problem. So they perhaps realize, that something needs to be changed
Last edited by Huck on 30 Mar 2012, 22:47, edited 2 times in total.
Huck
http://trionfi.com