Pierre Madenié Tarot Facsimile is launched

Hello everybody,
I am slightly proud to announce you launching of my own website :ymparty: fully dedicated to Tarots of Marseilles and « said » of Marseilles :
ENGLISH VERSION
http://www.tarot-de-marseille-herita...ish/index.html
FRENCH VERSION
http://tarot-de-marseille-heritage.com/index.html

Main goal of this website I created with complicity and know how of Wilfried Houdouin is to make and distribute real facsimiles of main reference tarots of Marseilles
By principal this will be unpublished decks until today or for some non republished since tenth of years.
This decks will be in limited and numbered edition. 3000 exemplary.
We will start with Pierre Madenié tarot dated 1709, one of nicest and better preserved known.
Collectioners and amatores have been warned !!
Waiting for your comments and/or orders, I wish you all a very good Dragon Element Water ‘s New Year 2012…
Salutations from Marseilles City capitale of Tarot
France
Old €urope

Yves Le Marseillais

Nul n'est au dessus de l'obligation de dire la vérité.
Nobody is above obligation to tell Truth.
Yves Le Marseillais is online now Report Post Edit/Delete Message
Personne n'est au dessus de l'obligation de dire la vérité.
Nobody is above obligation to tell truth.

Re: Pierre Madenié Tarot Facsimile is lauched

robert wrote:Yves, it looks stunning!

Congratulations! You should be very proud, it seems to be of extremely high-quality and detail.

Lovely.
Hello Robert and Huck ,

Many thanks for encouraging me in this long run project who took a big part of my time during last..... years now.
My quality AND defaults was useful to achieve this.
You should be satisfied about result because I was very obstinate on details, packaging, wrapper paper quality, choosen factory ect...
I choosed a 400 g/m2 satined paper and a very strong box for this super deck plus a wrapper made in Nepal by craftsmen.
This wrapper being finally printed by myself on my own Canon A3 + printer.
Imagine all successive operations for:
Checking cards one by one to avoid any default. Very few default anyway: Good production indeed.
Putting cards in good order.
Numbering by hand each deck with his individual number.
Adding a presentation card of Wilfried Houdouin deck and book (My own decision to help him and informing collectionners).
Wrapping cards with Nepal paper.
Boxing deck.
Packing with plastic bulbs.
Inserting in post envelops.
And ouf ! posting all parcels.

You know what ?: I am really Happy about the result.

If all things goes well, we are bound for François Chosson Gentlemen !!
As soon as possible depending amount of Madenié orders of course.

Salutations from France

Yves Le Marseillais :ar!
Personne n'est au dessus de l'obligation de dire la vérité.
Nobody is above obligation to tell truth.

Re: Pierre Madenié Tarot Facsimile is launched

robert wrote:Yves, it looks stunning!
and it is oh so much ! I just received my copy - I only had the chance to touch and see it before, now I gladly own it. It's incredebly refreshing to be able to look at, play with, shuffle another TdM2 reproduced so faithfully to the original which at last is not a bad repro of the Conver !

Although XVIIth or XVIIIth century deck are much less discussed on this board these days - since so much important things have already been written - a deck like this one should revive the interest of any tarot amateur, not to mention collectors who simply need it. For anybody interested in Tarot History now is available an extremely close approximation of what the cards looked and felt like.
it seems to be of extremely high-quality and detail.
it is definitely, no doubt, plus the cards are stiff and sturdy. Awesome value for the money.

I really wish every fac simile edition of any deck were made with the same attention. Oh how I'd love the Vieville deck reproduced this way !
Yves is more in TdM2, but anyhow I won't miss any future deck he'll propose.

Bertrand