Re: TOO MUCH Smilies disturb the operation of the page

Huck wrote:TOO MUCH Smilies disturb the operation of the page

I speak of the condition when you write a post.
As far I know, the user can't kill the Smilies on the writing page. I tried this. It didn't work.
Okay, I'll look into reducing some.
The Tarot will lose all its vitality for one who allows himself to be side-tracked by its pedantry. - Aleister Crowley

Huck wrote:I think, it are the "moving smilies", which cause the trouble.
Huck,
I honestly don't know what you're talking about because I have no problems with the smilies.

I've tried to reduce the amount, but there is a standard set that I would have to manually delete and confirm for each one, and I'm not sure WHY I should do that. Can you send me a screen capture of what problem you are having, or are you simply saying that you find them "distracting"?
cheers,
robert
The Tarot will lose all its vitality for one who allows himself to be side-tracked by its pedantry. - Aleister Crowley

robert wrote:
Huck wrote:I think, it are the "moving smilies", which cause the trouble.
Huck,
I honestly don't know what you're talking about because I have no problems with the smilies.

I've tried to reduce the amount, but there is a standard set that I would have to manually delete and confirm for each one, and I'm not sure WHY I should do that. Can you send me a screen capture of what problem you are having, or are you simply saying that you find them "distracting"?
cheers,
robert
Usually it slows down other activities, which I do at the same time at the computer. If I have a lot of windows open (which is common and NECESSARY, when I write an article), the computer gets problems, if I press "submit". It takes some time, till it is finished. And I can remember at least 2-3 times, that text was lost, cause the computer crashed.
So it's a serious problem, not just "distracting".
Huck
http://trionfi.com