Malware warning!?

When going in to the Sun thread in Bianca forum I get a malware warning connected to hermetic.org
Immature poets imitate; mature poets steal; bad poets deface what they take, and good poets make it into something better, or at least something different.
T. S. Eliot

Re: Malware warning!?

SteveM wrote:When going in to the Sun thread in Bianca forum I get a malware warning connected to hermetic.org
There is a link in the thread to this address:
http://www.hermetics.org/solis.html

I get the warning if I try to follow that link. I bravely (stupidly?) went ahead and followed it and found a typical page that didn't seem too evil to me, but obviously something on that site has triggered it to be identified as malware. However, I'm on a Mac, so perhaps it is something specific to Windows.
The Tarot will lose all its vitality for one who allows himself to be side-tracked by its pedantry. - Aleister Crowley

This is what Google says is the problem:
What is the current listing status for hermetics.org?
Site is listed as suspicious - visiting this website may harm your computer.

Part of this site was listed for suspicious activity 1 time(s) over the past 90 days.

What happened when Google visited this site?
Of the 5 pages that we tested on the site over the past 90 days, 2 page(s) resulted in malicious software being downloaded and installed without user consent. The last time that Google visited this site was on 2010-02-10, and the last time that suspicious content was found on this site was on 2010-02-10.
Malicious software includes 6 scripting exploit(s).

Malicious software is hosted on 1 domain(s), including yourtagheuer.ru/.

This site was hosted on 1 network(s) including AS26496 (PAH).
So it looks like software is automatically installed.

I'm inclined to remove the links to the site from our posts? Good idea? Bad idea?
The Tarot will lose all its vitality for one who allows himself to be side-tracked by its pedantry. - Aleister Crowley

Ross G. R. Caldwell wrote:I'd be interested what a Linux user would see.
a linux user sees the warning too (well at least I do with firefox, lynx doesn't know about warning).

bad idea to remove the links, I think, as the site may be fixed. Bad idea to visit it now with javascript turned on or any active plugin.