Short film utilizing The Fool's Journey paradigm

Hello everyone,

My name is Flynn Papandrea, an independent artist who’s written a script utilizing the Fool’s Journey paradigm and wondering if anyone is interested in giving me their 2 cents.

About a year ago the tarot found its way into my life, while outside during the intermission of Lawrence of Arabia I stepped on a card, face down. I decided not to look at the card, thinking it was the 8 of spades or something along those lines, suspending my expectations, yet after realizing my credit card had been misplaced, I scrambled around in my pockets, finding a rectangular object, pulling it and finding The Fool (Rider-Waite). I laughed along with the universe thinking it wasn’t telling me anything I hadn’t already known, until I went online to do a little research about the card and the tarot.

Once learning about the Fool’s Journey paradigm, I remembered a script I had written 6-years prior and somehow felt there were connections with it and the tarot. After reading the script I’d found parallels between the Fool’s paradigm and my story and wanted to expand further. Making a few tweaks, I now have a short script, 11 pages long, reaching to the Wheel of Fortune card, a card dealing with the shadow self, which is apart of the films main theme. Other reasons why I felt this film needed to be made are the objects surrounding my shooting location, which turns out to be my house, dealing with themes incorporated with the tarot, such as endings and beginnings and objects with deeper meanings than their outward appearance. I don’t want to give too much away, that is until you read the script and have questions I’d be more than happy to answer.

I’m interested in what the Tarot communities’ thoughts are, seeing if they notice the connections between the tarot and my script, interest in the characters, etc. Please let me know if you’d like a copy of the script and we can figure out the best way to get it on your screen.

Best,
Flynn Papandrea