Welcome

For news and updates.

Welcome

Postby robert on 23 Mar 2008, 17:35

Hello and welcome to forum.tarothistory.com.

Obviously, the forum is set up with a club metaphor; and we like that. We like the idea of a special place where people interested in tarot history can stop by to meet others, do a little research, and discuss ideas in a friendly, comfortable environment. We like the image of kicking back on an aged leather sofa while the staff serve beverages, or browsing through the rooms to find like-minded (or different-viewed!) individuals to chat with.

We expect the membership to be small, and that's fine.

Guests (and bots) can read most of the forums (although guests cannot post without becoming members). There are special rooms reserved for members only. Membership must be approved by the club staff; but the application and approval process is straight-forward. Unless an applicant is notorious for trolling, they'll likely be approved.

Needless to say, we expect a high level of integrity and etiquette from our members.

We hope you enjoy the time you spend here. If you have suggestions for how to improve the forum, please let us know.
cavete deos
robert
your host

Favorite Deck: Jacques Vieville
Mood: autumnal
Aliases: le pendu

Thank you, gentleman gardener....

Postby debra on 26 Mar 2008, 08:23

Delighted to be here and looking forward to learning from everyone.

Where might one find the cocktails?
debra

Re: Welcome

Postby robert on 26 Mar 2008, 08:50

debra wrote:Delighted to be here and looking forward to learning from everyone.

Where might one find the cocktails?

Delighted to have you here too, Debra.

Cocktails are served in either of the Private Rooms, (reserved for members only). The Happy Historian Lounge is the most common meeting place for light chat and "refreshment". The Zen Den is usually reserved for cartomantic purposes; however, members seem to enjoy just "hanging out" in there, so we've relaxed the code and cocktails are allowed.

Similarly; pipe, cigar, and cigarette smoking is allowed only outside (many members prefer the Moonlight Garden or the Rooftop Observatory). The Zen Den, due to its "unique" character, does allow the use of a hookah.

Right now we are understaffed. You're encouraged to help yourself to anything you'd like at the open bar. If you'd prefer, the staff, (should you find one), will (eventually) be happy to assist you.
cavete deos
robert
your host

Favorite Deck: Jacques Vieville
Mood: autumnal
Aliases: le pendu

Postby debra on 26 Mar 2008, 18:42

I must be lucky...I found one right away. A very energetic one, too--I think I'll ask him to show me around, wink wink.

jv ace batons.jpg
Jacques Vieville
jv ace batons.jpg (11.58 KiB) Viewed 11040 times
debra

Postby Lorredan on 26 Mar 2008, 20:25

I am very pleased to be here!
I am not very clever with my computer- so an avatar is going to take a while.
I am pleased to see names I know- Like Yay Debra! etc etc. You know mine- it is Rosanne- but I waxed lyrical this time
with Lorredan ( Lore and dan) learning and marker of where to find your fishing line in the waters of History + Venetian name. Very convoluted.
This forum- these people...I am very content :D Thanks Robert.
~Lorredan
The Universe is full of magical things patiently waiting for our wits to grow sharper.
Eden Phillpotts
Lorredan

Postby EnriqueEnriquez on 27 Mar 2008, 00:33

I am also very happy to be here. Not only because of the awesome company, but I also have to say that the forum has a very nice layout.

Best,

EE
What’s honeymoon salad? Lettuce alone
Don’t look now, mayonnaise is dressing!
EnriqueEnriquez

Favorite Deck: Jean Noblet

Postby Yves Le Marseillais on 27 Mar 2008, 15:15

Marseille France Jeudi 27 mars 2008 15h30 PM

Bonjour à toutes et tous / Hello all,

I am very pleased to meet you again in this confortable Club of Tarot and as usual say hello before Club owners shows me any rooms of this Tarot Home dédicated.

I am definitly french from the top to the bottom and will have now to explain to my dear wife that regularly I'll have to go to my computer home room for an electronic visit to my Club. Like an British.

She already understand my passion for Tarot but to authorise me to go to a Club.. ! (even Tarot dedicated ) it is "une autre paire de manche" (rough translation: tricky bussiness to say yes). :mrgreen:

Read you soon,

Yves Le Marseillais 8-)
Personne n'est au dessus de l'obligation de dire la vérité.
Nobody is above obligation to tell truth.
Yves Le Marseillais

Favorite Deck: My colleague coming soon Tarot
Mood: Passionate

Postby Paul on 29 Mar 2008, 23:38

Well, it's a small world, indeed.

I am glad to be amongst such noble company.

I thought my clubbin' days were over in my twenties, but 38 is the new 21, right? ;)
Paul
Intoxicated with tarot

Favorite Deck: Camoin/Jodo Tarot de Marseille
Mood: Pixilated

Postby prudence on 09 Apr 2008, 17:27

Beautiful place you have created, Robert and jmd. Thank you for this, and I am very grateful to be here. :D :geek:
"...he wanted to illustrate with his figures many Moral teachings, and under some difficulty, to bite into bad and dangerous customs, & show how today many Actions are done without goodness and honesty, and are accomplished in ways that are contrary to duty and rightfulness."
prudence

Postby firemaiden on 09 Apr 2008, 19:24

Yayay!! Thank you for opening this beautiful forum, Monsieur LePendu.
firemaiden

Next

Return to Reception