Thank you Ross!

For news and updates.

Thank you Ross!

Postby robert on 04 Apr 2012, 12:13

When Jean-Michel and I started this forum we weren't sure if anyone would participate or whether we'd be shouting across empty rooms to each other. Thankfully, lots of you found the forum and it's been a pleasure to share tarot history over the years.

Jean-Michel focuses on other projects, such as tarotpedia.com and the Association for Tarot Studies, as well as his own teaching and groups, and over time has participated less frequently than he might like to. When I skyped with him the other day he expressed continuing interest in the forum, as well as reluctant resignation to the fact that he is often too busy to visit as much as he'd like.

Several years ago, I asked Ross to mind the forum while I was away on vacation, and gave him moderator status so that he could effectively deal with any issues that might arise. I think most of you have never realised this because, frankly, the need for a moderator is generally very little on this forum, thanks to you all. Like me, Ross goes through the many "new member" requests every day and tries to weed out humans from bots and spammers. He also helps to keep things organised and I have always found his opinions and suggestions make the forum a better place.

Last week I altered Ross' "status" to administrator to give him complete control over the forum, and consider him, along with Jean-Michel who still contributes in many ways behind the scenes, a partner in the running of the forum. He could, at this stage, ban me from the forum if he chose to, so I guess I'll need to watch my manners a little more closely. ;)

I'd like to take this opportunity to thank Ross for the years of help and, while I'm not sure congratulations is in order, or commiseration for that matter, I think his contributions to the forum need to be acknowledged, and I also wanted to let everyone know about the change to his status. So thanks Ross!
cavete deos
robert
your host

Favorite Deck: Jacques Vieville
Mood: autumnal
Aliases: le pendu

Re: Thank you Ross!

Postby marco on 04 Apr 2012, 12:48

Thank you Ross, and thank you Robert too :)
marco

Favorite Deck: Sola-Busca

Postby Pen on 04 Apr 2012, 13:38

Thank you Ross, Robert and everyone. I've learned a lot here (although it's not always noticeable...).

Pen
He's not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy...
Pen
the truth is out there..

Favorite Deck: Tarot de Paris
Mood: pensive

Postby Ross G. R. Caldwell on 05 Apr 2012, 16:17

Thanks Robert, and everybody. It's a pleasure to serve. I hope you see as little of me in this capacity as you've seen of James, who has probably been gimped somewhere - I really don't want to know.

I still regard Robert as my boss, and won't bring out the guillotine without consulting him first.

Everyone back to the fun and games now!
Ross G. R. Caldwell
Pedant

Favorite Deck: Bibl. nat. Estampes, Kh. 34 rés t.I
Mood: Pedantic
Aliases: belmurru

Return to Reception