Aeclectic closing July 14, 2017

Just a heads up to anyone here who may have some last words on some topic on Aeclectic Tarot Forum: it will be read-only starting July 14. Also they say that private messages will be inaccessible then, too, as they would require log-ins. Although interest seems to be down, it would still be good if new people had somewhere to go to ask questions and share information. I don't know if Tarot History Forum will be in that category or not. Alternatives?

Re: Aeclectic closing July 14, 2017

In French

Depuis des décennies, sur AE ou ailleurs, nous avons tous donné et partagé, de façon répétée et sans sourciller, de façon totalement bénévole : la liste est longue, très longue...Les noms les plus illustres de la tarosphère, morts ou encore vivants, y figurent.
C triste de voir tous ces dons et partages partir à la poubelle pour des peaux de grenouilles vertes = dollards

Les raisons de cette fermeture, je les ignore. Est-ce le départ des ténors? Hurst est mort, JMD est parti. Sont-ce des impératifs financiers? De tt façon, je ne comprends pas qu avec 48000 membres, un appel à cotisation ne puisse pallier les dégats - quels qu ils soient!

Thinking aloud : c sûr qu aujourd hui le grand public veut une culture reader's 's digest réduite au temps de la lecture d'un tweet. C sûr que la recherche "académique" se réjouira de la disparition de l audience de chercheurs historiens bénévoles indépendants non labelisés par eux. C sûr que les marchands d'illusions se réjouiront de ne plus rencontrer de contradicteurs. C sûr que les éditeurs commerciaux de tarots en série jubileront de la perte de notoriété pour les éditeurs artisanaux de qualité.
Ms est-ce vraiment souhaitable?

Post scriptum ou Epilogue?
Post scriptum!
Ce qui m inquiète davantage c que THF semble au point mort. Les contributions sont de plus en plus rares. Huck Meyer est absent depuis beaucoup trop de temps. M. Howard est quasiment seul ; parfois Steve Mangan contribue heureusement. De temps à autre, Kate et Phaeded aussi. Ross Caldwell semble indéfférent ou peut être trop occupé ...Michael Hurst est mort. Roibert, parti. Marcos aux abonnés absents Etc
Le site de Vitali tiendra tant qu il en aura la force ...pour combien de temps?

Sur le Forum français sur lequel je contribue assez souvent : Tradition des tarots de Marseille
Heureusement Bertrand Saint-Guillain est présent. Yves le Marseillais aussi désormais . Des contributeurs comme Steve Mangan sont aussi présents.
Chèvre la "modératrice" est efficace.
http://www.sgdl-auteurs.org/alain-bouge ... Biographie

Well, that was too well put to leave in French. My google-assisted translation:
For decades, on AE or elsewhere, we have all given and shared, repeatedly and without blinking, in a totally voluntary way: the list is long, very long ... The most illustrious names of the tarosphere, dead or still alive, are included.
It is sad to see all these gifts and shares going in the garbage as skins of green frogs = dollards

The reasons for this closure, I do not know. Is it the departure of the tenors? Hurst is dead, JMD is gone. Are there financial imperatives? In any case, I do not understand that with 48,000 members, a call for contributions cannot mitigate the damages - whatever they are!

Thinking aloud: it is sure that today the general public wants a cultural readers' digest reduced to the time of reading a tweet. It is certain that "academic" research will be pleased with the disappearance of the audience of independent historian researchers who are not certified by them. It is certain that the merchants of illusions will rejoice at no longer encountering contradictors. it is sure that commercial publishers of mass-produced tarots will jubilate the loss of fame for quality craft publishers.
Is this really desirable?

Post scriptum, or Epilogue?
Post Scriptum!
What worries me more is that THF seems to have stalled. Contributions are increasingly scarce. Huck Meyer has been away for far too long. M. Howard is almost alone; Sometimes Steve Mangan contributes happily. From time to time, Kate and Phaeded too. Ross Caldwell seems indifferent or may be too busy ... Michael Hurst is dead. Robert, party. Marcos to subscribers absent Etc
The site of Vitali will hold as long as he has the strength ... for how long?

On the French Forum to which I contribute quite often: Tradition des tarots de Marseille
Fortunately Bertrand Saint-Guillain is present. Yves le Marseillais also from now on. Contributors like Steve Mangan are also present.
Chèvre the "moderator" is effective.
My (mikeh's) comments: all the posts on Aeclectic from the past will still be available to read. It's just that it will not be possible to add anything. The reason given for the closure is that the person who has been managing it for 17 years wants to move on to other projects.

mikeh and Alain Bougearel wrote: Alain (and translation by mikeh) :
On the French Forum to which I contribute quite often: Tradition des tarots de Marseille
Fortunately Bertrand Saint-Guillain is present. Yves le Marseillais also from now on. Contributors like Steve Mangan are also present.
Chèvre the "moderator" is effective.

mikeh's comments: all the posts on Aeclectic from the past will still be available to read. It's just that it will not be possible to add anything. The reason given for the closure is that the person who has been managing it for 17 years wants to move on to other projects.
I wont comment the sad closure of this historical forum... (Although one can understand the need to move for someting else. Because indeed tarot does take a bit of place in one's life... most of the place, sometimes, so that can be too much !) But at last, we can still consult the invaluable posts that have been made over the years. I'm gratefull for that. Thanks to everyone in Aeclectic TF, thank you so much for all this.

As the moderator and administrator of "Tradition des Tarots de Marseille" (by the way, my pseudo is feminine, but I'm a male. Strange, maybe, but this is the way it is), I'll just say the obvious : each and every Tarot lover is, has always been and allways will be welcome on our forum. Yves le Marseillais is there from the beginning, and he knows we'll allways support him and his edition work.

Tarot History Forum is such a great place, of course I'll continue to read here and to learn a lot. I dont post anything here, but I take the opportunity to thank Robert, and of course Mikeh and all the contributors for all they give to us all.

See you, and haut les cœurs !