Hello!

For news and updates.

Hello!

Postby Hypatia on 07 Sep 2014, 11:56

Hello to everybody,
thank you for allowing me to join the club.
I live in Italy, on Lake Iseo, north off Bergamo and Brescia.
A gentleman in Rome, Florentine by birth, has been my first teacher in this extraordinary world.
He's an alchemist and I consider him as a sort of Spiritual Guide of mine. Meeting him on the Web, 14 years ago, I was looking for some alchemical emblemata on Venetian XV century tiles, really changed my life. Now he is in his 80s, but we still keep in touch - and now meet in person - and the Mutus Liber still has so many things to say, at least to me.
My many activities of research in Ancient and Medieval astronomy and mechanical timekeeping naturally led me to an interest towards Astrology and to the divinatory techniques. Gnostic and Hermetism are two universes that I would dare to explore, hoping to be supported by the experts in this club.
On my side, if there is anything I can do for the members of the club, I am obviously at disposal.
Thank you again.
Marisa aka Hypatia
Hypatia

Re: Hello!

Postby Huck on 07 Sep 2014, 22:24

Hypatia wrote:Hello to everybody,
thank you for allowing me to join the club.
I live in Italy, on Lake Iseo, north off Bergamo and Brescia.
A gentleman in Rome, Florentine by birth, has been my first teacher in this extraordinary world.
He's an alchemist and I consider him as a sort of Spiritual Guide of mine. Meeting him on the Web, 14 years ago, I was looking for some alchemical emblemata on Venetian XV century tiles, really changed my life. Now he is in his 80s, but we still keep in touch - and now meet in person - and the Mutus Liber still has so many things to say, at least to me.
My many activities of research in Ancient and Medieval astronomy and mechanical timekeeping naturally led me to an interest towards Astrology and to the divinatory techniques. Gnostic and Hermetism are two universes that I would dare to explore, hoping to be supported by the experts in this club.
On my side, if there is anything I can do for the members of the club, I am obviously at disposal.
Thank you again.
Marisa aka Hypatia

hi Marisa,
we mostly write about old playing cards here, mostly Tarocchi. Only occasionally we come to themes like astrology, medieval astronomy, alchemy or hermetism, if the playing card topic demands it, mostly for reasons of iconography studies. So possibly you don't find your major interests here.

Anyway, recently we studied the Sola-Busca Tarocchi ...
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=1041
... (also at other threads, which you can find in the local search engine), which by some Italian authors is interpreted as a card deck with influences from alchemy. I personally don't believe this context, and MikeH seems also sceptical, at least for the trumps. What's your opinion?
The pictures are here, if you're interested ...
http://www.tarotpedia.com/wiki/Sola-Busca_gallery
Huck

Return to Reception