Re: Jean Noblet Tarot

jmd wrote:I made that same misreading when I first looked at his list... that's not Lynx, but iynx ;)
dUH...of course, its just the hebrew transliteration of jinx...

1911, Amer.Eng., from 17c. jyng "a charm, a spell," originally "wryneck," a bird used in witchcraft and divination, from L. iynx "wryneck," from Gk. iynx. The verb is 1917 in Amer.Eng., from the noun.
wikiquote:
In Greek mythology, Iynx was an Arkadian Oreiad nymph; a daughter of Peitho and Pan, or of Echo. She cast a spell on Zeus which caused him to fall in love with Io. In consequence of this, Hera metamorphosed her into the bird called Iynx (Eurasian Wryneck, jynx torquilla).[1]

According to another story, she was a daughter of Pierus, and as she and her sisters had presumed to enter into a musical contest with the Muses, she was changed into the bird Iynx.[2] This bird, the symbol of passionate and restless love, was given by Aphrodite to Jason, who, by turning it round and pronouncing certain magic words, excited the love of Medeia.

So the WoF according to Filipas is the magical love charm known as the Iynx _ a spinning wheel to which a wryneck bird was attached? The lovecharm, a spoked wheel with a spread-eagled iynx fastened to it, was suspended and spun to attract a love-object, in roman/greek jewelly it is often spun by eros, or is accompanied by Nikai playing dice, illustrating the 'game of love' through the allegory of another popular game.

Re: Francoise Heri :

A set of both Heri's Tarot de Marseille and TdB are at the Schweizerisches Landesmuseum Zurich, some images of which they have put online:

Unfortunately, only three of the TdB:

https://www.nationalmuseum.ch/sammlung_ ... =&numOf=30

They display more of the 1718 Tarot de Marseille type:

https://www.nationalmuseum.ch/sammlung_ ... =&numOf=30

The site does not always seem to work properly in displaying pages - if above do not work, go into collections and put "François Heri" in search bar --

The search terms "Zusätzlich die 22 Grossen Arkane des Tarot." will bring up the three TdB alone --

Re: François Heri

Thanks. For the German-impaired, I would add that by "Collections" Steve means, I think, to click on the large"Sammlung" (German for "collection") at the top left after the link comes up, in order to have the keywords work in the "Suchbegriff Eingeben" space.

I also noticed that there is also a Bernard Schär (Schar or Schaer for the search engine), of around 1800, a Besancon with all the trumps and quite a few of the suit cards. In fact there are two World cards, in different styles, one like the Tarot de Marseille I and the other like Vieville and the Flemish. There are also two Sun cards, but they are the same. I assume that one of each, I don't know which, is from a different deck.

I noticed that when I put in "tarock" , five links show up, but when I click on any of them, it draws a blank.

mikeh wrote: 17 Mar 2018, 11:42 Thanks. For the German-impaired, I would add that by "Collections" Steve means, I think, to click on the large"Sammlung" (German for "collection") at the top left after the link comes up, in order to have the keywords work in the "Suchbegriff Eingeben" space.

I also noticed that there is also a Bernard Schär (Schar or Schaer for the search engine), of around 1800, a Besancon with all the trumps and quite a few of the suit cards. In fact there are two World cards, in different styles, one like the Tarot de Marseille I and the other like Vieville and the Flemish. There are also two Sun cards, but they are the same. I assume that one of each, I don't know which, is from a different deck.

I noticed that when I put in "tarock" , five links show up, but when I click on any of them, it draws a blank.

Bonjour and Hello from Marseille City,

If you wish to get a François Heri Tarot de Marseille pattern just feel free to visit my website and my shop page:
http://www.tarot-de-marseille-heritage. ... ad1c713432

I plan also to reproduce François Heri 1730 TdB pattern in coming years.

Salutations,

Yves
Nobody is above obligation to tell Truth / Nul n'est au dessus de l'obligation de dire la Vérité...

Yves Reynaud wrote: 18 Mar 2018, 07:25

If you wish to get a François Heri Tarot de Marseille pattern just feel free to visit my website and my shop page:

Salutations,

Yves
Thanks Yves, I have seen the 1718 Tarot de Marseille pattern - am interested in viewing a colour version of the Heri TdB pattern - I wasn't sure of the date, you have dated it firmly to 1730?

Here are some cards from Heri 1730 TdB.

Best,

Yves

Salutations,

Yves
[/quote]

Thanks Yves, I have seen the 1718 Tarot de Marseille pattern - am interested in viewing a colour version of the Heri TdB pattern - I wasn't sure of the date, you have dated it firmly to 1730?
[/quote]
Nobody is above obligation to tell Truth / Nul n'est au dessus de l'obligation de dire la Vérité...