Re: NOBLET = VIEVILLE ?

EUGIM wrote:In the case of the scythe regarding the XIII card of Dodal it is clearly cut off
The whole point with the Death card is that he would have cut off the scythe, and THAT is why it was not titled. Noblet, who titled everything, titled Death. He didn't seem to think it was a problem. Nor the Tarot de Paris who had no problem putting a title on his images. They are almost certain "new" drawings that were created right from the start with the intention of putting on titles and numbers, so the area was built in to the template. The difference with the Dodal is that he is reusing an older card and so he struggles with the titles because the older card he is using to create his deck doesn't have the title and number areas... like the Sforza Castle.

EUGIM wrote:Okay Robert,agreed about this.
But why the engraver first fit the image having in mind that then he must number and name the card ?
Simple as this my dear friend.

:)
Well... (you're not going to like this)...

Maybe he was taking an Italian pattern and building it for the French market, so added the titles and number for them? So.. The Tarot of Milan without titles and numbers becomes the Tarot of Marseille with titles and numbers.

But that's just a maybe. A more likely reason is that it was the fashion. We see Vieville struggling with adding the numbers, and we see Dodal struggling with adding the titles and numbers.

And what of Chosson (or whoever created the TdMII), they rebuilt the tarot, this time with room already reserved for the titles and numbers. For instance, look at the Conver Fool, the title area is part of the card, even though it isn't used. Compare that to the Dodal or the Noblet.

Eugim. I don't have all the answers here, I'm still figuring it all out too and there are pieces that I don't know and surely some conflicts. But I have to say that it makes sense to me if you just look at the cards and compare the images and keep an open mind.

robert wrote:
EUGIM wrote:Of course,but in this case why the halo of the eagle at S.C. card is cut off ?
See my note to Ross above. :D

Even if not, I would say that the Sforza Castle World would be a copy of an image where it was.

I simply can't believe it could go the other way around, where the maker of the Sforza Castle World started out with a Dodal type deck and then REMOVED the titles and numbers and replaced it with image???!!! Nope. No way. The image was first, the titles and numbers were later.
Hello Robert and all,

Just a quick comment about this Forum and our Robert: I am really happy to see life back again in this specific tarot Forum where Humour is tolereted where Latino macho Amigo 8-) is welcome (Even Girls have sense of humour here: Amazing isn'it ?! :lol: ).

Yes you will have to go to Marseille to see the Real Thing or... wait a little bit more. C'est la Vie.

But about titles and numbers and image, just imagine ALL of Them as a whole concept.

About Univers I am on the opinion of an expended motion and this is my little Sphinx Enigma re Tarot creation.
You see what I mean ?

Sorry for being so mysterious but I have to.

Thanks to exist Bob. ;)

Yves Le Marseillais

PS: Heri is peanuts but we all got what we deserves.
Personne n'est au dessus de l'obligation de dire la vérité.
Nobody is above obligation to tell truth.

EUGIM wrote:Wait,you told me this :

"On Death he leaves the title off so that he doesn't have to cut off the scythe. "
Yes, I believe that is why the title was not added, because he felt that it would be too damaging to the iconograpy to have to cut out that much of the scythe to add the title in.

Yves came to the thread and given his experience about moulds,I want to ask him a question if his now on line:

* Yves: The perimeter and the bar of number and name of each card are not engraved in the mould ?
The Universe is like a Mamushka.

Yves, Sigh. More riddles. Yves, you better hire us all a big limo when that museum opens and we finally get to see all of these treasures you've been stashing away! :D
Yves Le Marseillais wrote:
PS: Heri is peanuts but we all got what we deserves.
The Heri is peanuts? Great! Then you won't mind sending me scans of the images so that I can confirm that it isn't an important piece of the puzzle?

I think the Heri is very important, because it will help us to understand the Noblet. Does anyone else know where to get images from the Heri???

And PS.. lamort... THANK YOU for the Heri Fool, it is greatly appreciated.