Re: Paracelsus: Propheceien und Weissagungen

Pen wrote:For Huck: Lots more about The Fly... :grin:

Pen
More? Luther during his time at the Wartburg discovered, that the fly, that was rumoring in his translator cell (well, the bible translation project, you know, a big work, which would bring out a new form of German language, that still exists), actually was the devil. With courage he took the inkpot, and, no joke, tourism guides again has something to point to. It's not documented, if this classical baseball throw really did hit the devil, but alas, it worked, when you visit the cell, the devil is gone, but the ink spot at the wall is still there. Under the hand one hears of the story, that the ink spot is repainted (let say "restaurated" for historical accuracy) occasionally.
But just I read, that they have forgotten the repainting in the last 100 years, and now it really has disappeared. Devil gone, ink spot gone, but the story is still repeated in the schools. Occasionally a fly. But I don't think that the tourism guides wait for it to come.

Well, your flies ..

... that's a nice one, but really not-forgetable is the fly in "once upon the time in the west" ...

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bW-jSa9_k3M[/youtube]

... also the one in the Pink Floyd song, whose name I forgot

Leo Battista Alberti wrote about a renaissance fly, if you're interested (this one somehow really had something to do with Tarot), and he made this according an earlier text of Lucian:

http://www.sacred-texts.com/cla/luc/wl3/wl319.htm

And here's the evidence: the ink spot is gone:

Huck
http://trionfi.com

Huck wrote:... :-) ... I see somebody scribbling with a pen on some printed paper, maybe a 1-minute-action. I see some others starting a discussion, if he meant a fly ... :-) ... maybe it takes some days.
Sorry you don't see it, Huck.
Actually, I won't spend "days" in a discussion about whether "...he meant a fly."
I've simply pointed out something that I know about, and there it is.
If you doubt it, or you still think this is a random schoolboy scribble, or that I'm just guessing, you can go off and do some homework. :)

Have a nice day.
I am not a cannibal.

Hi, OP,
OnePotato wrote:
Huck wrote:... :-) ... I see somebody scribbling with a pen on some printed paper, maybe a 1-minute-action. I see some others starting a discussion, if he meant a fly ... :-) ... maybe it takes some days.
Sorry you don't see it, Huck.
Actually, I won't spend "days" in a discussion about whether "...he meant a fly."
I've simply pointed out something that I know about, and there it is.
As soon as you pointed it out, the fly outline was quite apparent. Once you see the wings, then the legs and body are clear as well. It is well drawn. And the demonic associations of the Lord of the Flies are well known, making it perfectly reasonable.

Thanks for pointing it out.

Best regards,
Michael
We are either dwarfs standing on the shoulders of giants, or we are just dwarfs.

Hm ...

Natural fly

assumed scribbled fly

With some goodwill I recognize a sort of devilish spider-fly with at least 7 legs (well, might be 9 or even 10). And the front legs are twisted in their direction ...

"Insect" ... the name includes the idea, that these productions of nature have 6 legs.

Actually my own innocent first impression was Rorschach-test, or perhaps Luther's lost ink spot.
Huck

Hi, Huck,

Your theory that this vandal was familiar with the morphology of Class Insecta and the projective tests of Hermann Rorschach seems weak. A simpler theory is that the vandal was not a modern naturalist doing an anatomically correct picture for the benefit of entomology students, as was Glenn Washington Herrick. Judged by that modern criterion, our anonymous vandal appears to have failed, giving his fly 8 legs instead of 6 and exaggerating the antennae. In his defense, he was simply attempting to make the subject reasonably clear, and I think he succeeded. Indeed, legs and antennae are what, for many people, make bugs creepy and "bug-like", so the emphasis may be considered artistic license, as was the exaggerated size. Just as the vandal turned the pope into a fool with the asses' ears and the bells, he used the fly and pitchfork to identify Beelzebub. Here are your two pictures combined.

Best regards,
Michael

We are either dwarfs standing on the shoulders of giants, or we are just dwarfs.

... :-) ..... well, I see, the freedom of art was always a good argument , even in Rorschach tests. ... and naturally it's a "bad" fly, not a "hero" fly, as it had been in the mind of Lucian and Alberti associations.

Fool and Fly ... hasn't it a funny perspective?

... :-) ... anyway, it is, as I predicted:

The whole appears in a book full of divination attempts ... actually a lot of stuff to talk about, especially in a Forum, which had some divination interests. But, no, it's the fly.

Let's assume, there is a ball. Some small children react and kick the ball. Well, wonderful ... that's a ball good for. But it's not as one expects for all children. Let's assume, the ball has a mistake. It's a leather ball, and the different pieces are bound by a thread, as usual for leather balls. And somewhere is a loose thread sticking out of the ball. Some children are fascinated by this thread, maybe till the point, when the ball looses its function.

... well ... even when they kick the ball, it once will be destroyed. ... :-)
Huck