Re: Cary Sheet again

This is just an odd snippet that I found about Poulaines......in France speaking about the 1400's
Poulaines-Long-toed clogs were imported from Poland about the middle of the century. The anelace, a dagger, was stuck in the girdle and the gipciere worn with it.

Poland for goodness sake!

~Lorredan
The Universe is full of magical things patiently waiting for our wits to grow sharper.
Eden Phillpotts

Re: Cary Sheet again

Referring to the half card supposed to be Strength.
I have looked now I think at about every card that has this type of image that I can find- that is- Female with lion.
The interesting thing is that this is the only depiction of a lion with his back to the right side margin and the mouth in towards the female, she has the attitude as if pushing an attacking lion down with left arm. All cards of I have seen has the lion somehow with its back towards the clothing, and the appearance of the female coming from behind the Lion. Some cards have a lion forward of the female and not been held. How significant this is I have no idea. There is something odd or different from the usual in each card on this sheet. Maybe this set was a attempt to make an Italian deck look french?
~Lorredan
The Universe is full of magical things patiently waiting for our wits to grow sharper.
Eden Phillpotts