Re: Dating the François Chosson Tarot?

(Oh my. Well please don't make it TOO scary! ;) )

Let's try it another way then... what is it about 1672, and the evidence given in this thread, that you don't find convincing?
The Tarot will lose all its vitality for one who allows himself to be side-tracked by its pedantry. - Aleister Crowley

I think François Chosson Tarot was believed to be the oldest Tarot de Marseille deck known to have been made in Marseilles. It was officially classified by the historians as being of unknown origin. the date written on the Two of Coins was 1672, which made it the oldest Tarot de Marseille deck known to have been made in Marseilles.

The date of the oldest Marseilles-made deck of Tarot de Marseille was again rolled back to 1608 due to my intervention and following the subsequent deductions of Professor Robert O’Neill. Until then, the date had been fixed at 1760. This made close to two centuries of difference, and the gap between the dates of the oldest Italian and Marseillan decks was thus considerably narrowed.

Dashquid
fatlossprofessional.co.uk
fatlossprofessional
mobilehelper
securetrip
whichpetcover
google
abc
facebook
craigslist
Portable dvd player

macaroon wrote:I think François Chosson Tarot was believed to be the oldest Tarot de Marseille deck known to have been made in Marseilles. It was officially classified by the historians as being of unknown origin. the date written on the Two of Coins was 1672, which made it the oldest Tarot de Marseille deck known to have been made in Marseilles.

The date of the oldest Marseilles-made deck of Tarot de Marseille was again rolled back to 1608 due to my intervention and following the subsequent deductions of Professor Robert O’Neill. Until then, the date had been fixed at 1760. This made close to two centuries of difference, and the gap between the dates of the oldest Italian and Marseillan decks was thus considerably narrowed.

... welcome to the Forum, macaroon

"The date of the oldest Marseilles-made deck of Tarot de Marseille was again rolled back to 1608 due to my intervention and following the subsequent deductions of Professor Robert O’Neill. "
... is a quote of a web page of Phillippe Camoin.

http://en.camoin.com/tarot/Francois-Cho ... Tarot.html

Are you Phillippe Camoin?
If yes, why did you date it to 1608?
Huck
http://trionfi.com

Macaroon is a real life person. I was hesitant to approve the membership request, but he/she wrote to me asking for permission to join. The above was copied and pasted from Camoin's site, as Huck noted, so on the verge of spamming. We'll assume the best for now and hope that macaroon realises that there is no need for that type of behaviour and instead, read the threads and participate in the conversations. We'll see.
The Tarot will lose all its vitality for one who allows himself to be side-tracked by its pedantry. - Aleister Crowley