Re: Hebrew High Priestess JWB

I'm not sure what the question is...

The card is hand-painted from a B&W commonly available BOTA deck. The BOTA (Builders of the Adytum) is a group founded by Paul Foster Case following his expulsion from the Golden Dawn (BOTA members prefer to describe the event differently). His deck has its trumps very much based on the Waite-Smith (with some differences - such as Death and the Sun being more Tarot de Marseille in style).

If it's on eBay (judgeing from the link), it's not a deck I would get, as if you're really interested in the same, a blank copy with colouring instructions is easily enough obtainable.
&
association.tarotstudies.org

Re: Hebrew High Priestess JWB

Thanks JMD.

I was wondering what it was. I knew it was some sort of Waite-Smith knock off, but was intrigued by it. I must say that I like the colouring style of the card. I suppose if someone was interested in buying someone's hand coloured deck (even if there are lots and lots of them out there), it would be nice to have. Of course, value would be hard to guess as it would be such an individual thing. I guess in a way it is "unique" but not "rare" in that there are lots of "unique" versions of this.

PS: A warm welcome to you, etchare.