Exploring The Moon

XVIIII-LA LVNE : Solar Eclipse ?

* As we can see at the Cary Sheet,Noblet and Dodal,the moon is not at the center of the sun.

-This slight difference suggest me that there is a moon in front of the sun,so a solar eclipse is depicted.
If the face of "that" was at the center I can accept that "this" is the Sun.
The Universe is like a Mamushka.

Re: Exploring The Moon

Alternatively, the Moon's face is depicted within a crescent to accentuate and clearly show that it is the Moon, and not the Sun, that is represented.

If exactly the same depiction of the stellar body was shown with the face instead centered, then, I would suggest, it would be far less obvious to see it as Moon rather than as Sun, as the image would appear ambiguous: the peripheral details would be Moon-associated, whereas the stellar body would appear Sun-like.

Consider this:

&
association.tarotstudies.org

* The rays or beams have different colours.
We can see pale blue rays as the face at the center like the moon.
And also yellow and red as the sun which is behind the moon,just from my point of view.
Precisely as yellow and red they are as the Sun card shows.
The Universe is like a Mamushka.

Hello!

Sorry for the question.

Are we sure that the two animals are dogs? Could not be donkeys?

Regards

Hola!

Perdón por la pregunta.

¿Estamos seguros de que los dos animales son perros? ¿No podrían ser burros?
When a man has a theory // Can’t keep his mind on nothing else (By Ross)

mmfilesi wrote:Hello!

Sorry for the question.

Are we sure that the two animals are dogs? Could not be donkeys?

Regards

Hola!

Perdón por la pregunta.

¿Estamos seguros de que los dos animales son perros? ¿No podrían ser burros?
It's hard for me to imagine them as donkeys. It is typical understanding for a dog or wolf or similar animals to howl at the moon, which is, I would assume, what is being shown in the card. So it's not hard to see them as such as it is probably a universally recognised idea that they would. For it to be donkeys, you'd need to show a relationship between donkeys and the moon, and show that that was a common understanding in 15th century France and/or Italy.

So, I guess I should ask, why a donkey?

thanks for answering. My question born from this:

a) Catasterismi, by pseudo-Eratosthenes.

"During the Renaissance, printing of Catasterismi, invariably attributed to Eratosthenes, began early, but the work was always overshadowed by Hyginus, the only other ancient repertory of catasterisms. Catasterismi was illustrated by woodcuts in the first illustrated edition by Erhard Ratdolt, (Venice 1482)".

Wikipedia:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catasterismi

b) translate from Spanish into my particular English 8-|

11. Cancer

Seems like the goddess Hera who placed him in the firmament. Account in his Heraclia Paniasis a crab out of the lagoon in which Heracles fought the Hydra with his foot and bit him on his own, without assistance of others. Heracles, irritated, crushed it with his foot, and since then the crab achieved fame and was counted as one of the twelve signs of the Zodiac.

Some stars of this constellation are called donkeys. Dionysus was the god who raised them to heaven. Next to them is called Nativity. Here is her story: When the gods left for the war against the Giants, said that the god Dionysus, Hephaestus and satyrs climbed astride donkeys, when the Giants still had not spotted, the braying donkeys were being found a short distance, and the Giants ran off to hear the braying. In return for such action donkeys became part of the constellation Cancer, the area west.

Regards!
When a man has a theory // Can’t keep his mind on nothing else (By Ross)