Re: Jean Baptiste Madenie back card

EUGIM wrote:If you dont pay attention to colours differences some day you will have a crash...

-Please,if anyone colured both with the same colour,which is the reason why ?

-Or may be you you like b&W decks ?

-There is not any problem about it...

* But I can remember you made differences regarding colours somewhere.

:-
I said "generally", and that's what I meant. I don't think that the printers paid much attention to colours, except for "standard" items like that the Pope's robe ought to be red. I don't think it had any "meaning" other than to identify him in his standard colours. There are probably a few exceptions that I'm not considering, but generally, no, I don't think the colours mean anything. That said, I agree with you that most printers have different colours for the horses, so it's fairly traditional, and sure, we can create lots of reasons why that is so (parts of the soul pulling in opposite directions.. yada yada, yada), and it might be useful in a reading, but.. and again.. I'm going to say generally... I don't think it mattered to the printers, and it doesn't really matter to me... generally. :)

Since you imply that it's important, why not share with us what colours you think they should be, and what it means?

1-Regarding differents colours I think must be a reason why,if not was not neccesary to colour both different.
2-To be honest with you,I revised many decks and barely all coloured both horses pale blue.
So I made a mistake.
The only example I found it is the case of Noblet.
We have of course before the Catelin Geoffory deck.
3- So about Noblet I think he had a reason why.
Surely you can say he took an earlier mould by example and I am agree of course.
But as you asked me for the reason why,I think simply depicts different pull directions of the horses.
Also a matter of gender as Vieville show regarding the right horse.Just for me is a mare.
See also that the left horse has a somewhat roman helmet with cheek guard.
In all the decks of Tarot de Marseille,the wheels are beside it and perpendicular to it,so this chariot can t carry us nowhere.
Different is the case of the Cary Sheet where both wheels are parallel to it,so this chariot can carry us to anywhere.
4-I am agree with Plato link with the Soul.
5-Regarding the yada,yada,yada deck...
I did not found yet.
The Universe is like a Mamushka.

It is very surprising just for me a student not of course at the cloud nine (Temptation song I mean here ),as many few others here,that regarding the XVIII,the moon is in profile,having in mind this is a deck very closer to Pierre Madenie,so of 1709.
So placing it between Noblet and Dodal...
And then doing a jump to Conver so to 1760.

* What a hell is this ???
The Universe is like a Mamushka.

EUGIM wrote:It is very surprising just for me a student not of course at the cloud nine (Temptation song I mean here ),as many few others here,that regarding the XVIII,the moon is in profile,having in mind this is a deck very closer to Pierre Madenie,so of 1709.
So placing it between Noblet and Dodal...
And then doing a jump to Conver so to 1760.

* What a hell is this ???
This is Tarot de Marseille I and Tarot de Marseille II, it's another one of the differences between the decks.

Dodal could be from before 1709, but it really doesn't matter, you seem to be implying that things followed one another in absolute order, it didn't. We have Tarot de Marseille I show up in the 1800s, it's no big deal. We have two styles of Tarot de Marseille. The earliest example of Tarot de Marseille I is Noblet in 1650, and of Tarot de Marseille II, we'll say.. is Chosson 1672. Does that mean the Noblet invented Tarot de Marseille I in 1650? No. Does it mean that Chosson invent Tarot de Marseille II in 1672? No. We don't have all of the decks!!! There might have been dozens of other cardmakers as well who could have invented the Tarot de Marseille I and Tarot de Marseille II, and it could have happened any time in dozens of years before Noblet or Chosson. We don't know which pattern is older (although I think there is some good evidence for Tarot de Marseille, it isn't clear cut). Both patterns spread around parts of Europe, and in MANY cased were intertwined and reworked time and time again. It's not like the Tarot de Marseille I just stopped being made, although it is true that the Tarot de Marseille II, which really , is generally more aesthetically pleasing for many people, became the longer lasting pattern. But there is no reason at all to be surprised that both were co-existing at the time even in the same places!