Re: Prudence theological - SOS

mmfilesi wrote:Yes, just for this reason I am surprize.

(And its interesting they disappear in the poem "I Germini sopra quaranta meretrice della città di Fiorenza"

http://www.tarotpedia.com/wiki/Germini_Poem:_Part_3)

But I cant understand why?
No, Prudentia and theological virtues become the whorehouse mothers ... :-)

If I remember correctly, each whorehouse mothers has 9 prostitutes

1 Whorehouse mother of 1-9
1 Whorehouse mother of 10-15 and 20-22
1 Whorehouse mother of 22-31
1 Whorehouse mother of 32- 40

But by this we know at least, that the Minchiate had 40 trumps then, in 1552 I remember.

That's just Satire and Sarcasm, not a big riddle.
Huck
http://trionfi.com

OK! Its true. Thanks, friend %%- .

La prima ruffiana: Io sono il diciannove, e fui puttana || I am the nineteen, and I was a whore
Seconda ruffiana: I' sono il diciotto seconda Ruffiana || I am the eighteen, the second Procuress
Terza ruffiana: dont said nothing.
Quarta ruffiana: il sedici m' appello || was born bad, I am called the sixteen,
When a man has a theory // Can’t keep his mind on nothing else (By Ross)

Sorry to be dense mmfilesi- but you would most likely have to go to Greek Philosophy- rather than Christian.
Theological is supposed to be given by God through Baptism and Cardinal is natural to all men regardless of belief.
So anyone can have Prudence. The Greeks thought it the greatest Virtue- because if you know how to act right- all the Virtues are accessible.
So in a way Faith Hope and Charity are useless without Prudence- we would have Faith in Snake Oil, we hope for Alien Landings and we would give aid to Cults or Villains. :-o ...and anyway Augustine did not believe it was a Virtue anyway...so I stopped looking for it in Tarot.

So are you looking for a Text from anywhere?

~Lorredan
The Universe is full of magical things patiently waiting for our wits to grow sharper.
Eden Phillpotts

Thanks of the answer, Lorredane :) .

Well,

I read De oficiis of Cicero, and read Suma Teologica of St. Tomaso di Aquino, and find four virtues cardinals, and the three teological. And I read Etica of Nicomaco, by Aristóteles (I don't know who is name in English) and The Republic of Plato, specially the chapter 4 in relationship with the virtues.And I read some chapter of st. Ambrosious and all The City of God of st. Agustin, but I cant find where said the Prudence its a theological virtues instead cardinal.

That's mind, I cant understand why the prudence is between the theological virtues in the minchiate. I need find a essays of century 15 where this virtue are teleological.

I don't know if I explain well my problem :) .
When a man has a theory // Can’t keep his mind on nothing else (By Ross)

Hi- I do not have a problem where Prudence is in the Minchiate.............

If you take the Numbered cards, Prudence is the middle card at 17- Looking left Prudence in the affairs of Men and right the Primal cause. God controls the Zodiac, the elements; The Sun Moon and Stars, the World- Judgment are all unnumbered. So it is the two parts of Prudence 1<<<<<<<<17>>>>>>>>>>>35.
So Prudence rules the Affairs of Man 1-17 and Where Prudence takes heed of God's Wisdom 17-35.
Not well explained, I am sorry- but Prudence is in it's right place theologically, to me.
~Lorredan
The Universe is full of magical things patiently waiting for our wits to grow sharper.
Eden Phillpotts

I'm sorry if this isn't what you are asking, or if the answer is too basic for what you are seeking.

If you're asking about why prudence is where she is in the minciate, it is because she was inserted as an afterthought, with the elements and astrological signs, as one group into as standard tarot pack. The assumption is that the creator of the minciate saw the Tarot as incorrectly missing prudence, and added her with the other cards to correct the mistake in the standard deck. She is where she is because the whole group of added cards were inserted into the same spot in the deck.

As far as I know, Prudence is not a Theological virtue, it is a Cardinal virtue, and that's why the creator of the minciate thought she was missing from Tarot and added her in when other cards were added.