two emperors in the wheel

There is something curious about the wheels in Brera and PMB. The figure below is an older man, slightly younger in Brera. Why is it different from the other three figures?

There are also strange. In both cases, this strange figure is similar a the respective Emperor: men mature and blond, white-haired old man.

Brera
PMB
When a man has a theory // Can’t keep his mind on nothing else (By Ross)

Re: two emperors in the wheel

mmfilesi wrote:There is something curious about the wheels in Brera and PMB. The figure below is an older man, slightly younger in Brera. Why is it different from the other three figures?

There are also strange. In both cases, this strange figure is similar a the respective Emperor: men mature and blond, white-haired old man.

Brera
empirueda_brera.jpg
PMB
empirueda_pmb.jpg
Interesting observation. It doesn't change the meaning, for me, that this is someone who once ruled, and now does not have anything to rule. A fallen ruler... but very interesting that in both cases it seems to be implying the fall of an Emperor.
:-?

From wiki about the wheel of fortune:

"...usually labeled on the left regnabo (I shall reign), on the top regno (I reign) and is usually crowned, descending on the right regnavi (I have reigned) and the lowly figure on the bottom is marked sum sine regno (I am without a kingdom)"

Wasn't Fortune since old times a goddess of the poor people?
Huck
http://trionfi.com

Huck wrote:From wiki about the wheel of fortune:

"...usually labeled on the left regnabo (I shall reign), on the top regno (I reign) and is usually crowned, descending on the right regnavi (I have reigned) and the lowly figure on the bottom is marked sum sine regno (I am without a kingdom)"
Exactly ... For this reason is very strange this "REGNABO" in the down figure.

I need work on it. It's just an intuition, but I think it is a private joke. I think the emperor Brera and CY is a representation of Filippo Maria. In the PMB the house Visconti-Sforza.

The greatest dream of Filippo and, after, of Bianca and Francesco was to transform the duchy of Milan in a kingdom...
Huck wrote: Wasn't Fortune since old times a goddess of the poor people?
... :)... I don't know. I think all believed in this force that leads us up and down... as Wall Street and the banks.

Exactly ... For this reason is very strange this "REGNABO" in the down figure.
I assume, you see a "Regnabo" at the Fortune card of the Brera. I don't see it.
I need work on it. It's just an intuition, but I think it is a private joke. I think the emperor Brera and CY is a representation of Filippo Maria. In the PMB the house Visconti-Sforza.

The greatest dream of Filippo and, after, of Bianca and Francesco was to transform the duchy of Milan in a kingdom...
I thought it was the dream of Giangaleazzo and Galeazzo Maria.
Huck wrote: Wasn't Fortune since old times a goddess of the poor people?
... :)... I don't know. I think all believed in this force that leads us up and down... as Wall Street and the banks.
Servius Tullius, a man of low birth, was sixth king of Rome. It's said, that he installed the Fortuna cult.

Wiki says: "He is supposed to have instituted some of Rome's religious festivals, built temples to Fortuna and Diana, and a palace for himself on the Esquiline. He is also said to have improved the lot and fortunes of Rome's lowest classes of citizens and non-citizens despite opposition from the patrician order."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Servius_Tullius

And: "Fortuna's Roman cult was variously attributed to Servius Tullius – whose exceptional good fortune suggested their sexual intimacy[4] – and to Ancus Marcius.[5] She had a temple at the Forum Boarium and a sacred precinct on the Quirinalis as Fortuna Populi Romani (the Fortune of the Roman people). Her identity as personification of chance events was closely tied to virtus (strength of character). "
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fortuna
Huck

I assume, you see a "Regnabo" at the Fortune card of the Brera. I don't see it
a) Why Brera? :) I said in PMB:
In PMB, this figure is REGNABO. Thats mind, reign in the future... or...?
b) I have only this resolution and can not read well the labels. But I asume Vitali's reading is correct:
Each one of these figures is outlined by many scrolls in which tower the followings writings: “Kingdom” (I am reigning) the one who stays above the wheel; “Sum sine regno” (I have no kingdom) referring to the figure on the left; “You reigned” (I have reigned) for the person under the wheel and finally “Regnabo” (I will Reign) for the one who goes up on the wheel.
http://www.associazioneletarot.it/page. ... 22&lng=ENG
I thought it was the dream of Giangaleazzo and Galeazzo Maria.
Well... I think Its a family dream since, at least, Gian Galeazzo Visconti.
the Fortuna cult.
Ok. Now understand your afirmation. I was thinking of Fortuna as a force. As you know, you can find, for example, in Herodotus: History, Book I. 35 et seq. The encounter between Solon and Cresus.

a) Why Brera? :) I said in PMB:
I assume, you've a misunderstanding there.
Though ... Andrea's text occasionally suffers from the translation. Andrea cannot control the English version very well.

It's difficult to read from this picture. The black-white picture in Kaplan I is better in this point and the Regnabo is for the ascending figure as usual ...

... .-) ... "it's cold", as we said in one of this children search game with riddles.

That's the Italian text ... possibly Andrea was confused during writing ... a sort of typo.

“Regno” (Sto regnando) per colui che è posto sopra la ruota; “Sum sine regno” (Sono senza regno) per la figura posta alla sua sinistra; “Regnavi” (Ho regnato) per la persona schiacciata dalla ruota ed infine “Regnabo” (Regnerò) per colui che la risale.
Huck