Cremonese Inquiries

Does anyone know the details surrounding the construction of the Church of San Sigismundo?

Was this church named after the Emperor Sigismund I (1368-1437)?

I’ve read that Bianca Maria had it built on the site of the chapel where her wedding took place.
As the cloisters of many churches were often determined by the foundations of a previous structure, does this mean that the cloister of San Sigismundo was the physical location of the Viscounti-Sforza marriage ceremony?

Also-
There is supposedly a legend concerning the city of Cremona being founded by Hercules.
Is there anyone ‘here’ familiar with the tale?

Mahalo
Tempore patet occulta veritas...

Re: Cremonese Inquiries

Cremona suffered twice in the battles of the year 69 (year with 4 emperors). After it it didn't gain earlier importance.

The Italian wars, which took a pause in 1441 with the marriage of Bianca Maria and Francesco Sforza, knew then the idea, that Francesco Sforza should become the leader of a crusade, which actually realized in the year 1444, but without Francesco Sforza and too much Italians.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Varna
A mixed Christian army consisting mainly of Hungarian and Polish forces, with smaller detachments of Czechs, papal knights, Teutonic Knights, Bosnians, Croatians, Bulgarians, Wallachians, Lithuanians, Serbs and Ruthenians (Ukrainians), met with a numerically superior Turkish army.

It was agreed on the crusade during the council of Ferrara/Florence in 1438-1439. The best known Italian crusader became cardinal Cesarini at this opportunity ...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Julian_Cesarini

... who died at this opportunity.

Emperor Sigismondo (who had did 1437) had founded a knight order of the dragon ca. 1408 ...

(dragon decoration at horse saddle)

... after he had participated in the disappointing results of the battle of Nicopolis (1398) ...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Nicopolis

Sigismondo was mainly "King of Hungary", so he had actual and real problems with the raising power of the Osman and the dragon order foundation had the function to collect knights for the aim to fight the Osmans, for instance there was his engagement in 1428.

When Sigismondo visited Italy in 1431-33 he naturally discussed the topic with the Italian condottieri (which somehow felt as "knights") and Sigismondo used the opportunity to make knights, even small children (as Sigismondo d'Este, brother of Ercole, he was just born).
I've no direct confirmation, but I'm sure, that he also talked with Francesco Sforza during his two year stay, probably already during his stay in Milan end of 1431.

In the Sphera manuscript of ca. 1470 (production under Sforza rulership) the dragon sign of the order appears.

... so there's likely some heraldic connection drawn to Sigismondo's order.

The Roman king Albrecht (1438-39) never visited Italy, and the following Habsburger emperor Fredrick later failed to accept the Sforzas as legal heirs of the dukedom Milan. So Sforza had generally some reason to search an orientation towards the earlier Sigismondo.

Sigismondo Malatesta also searched the nearness to Sigismondo, the emperor ... which disguised as San Sigismondo (picture ca. 1451):

http://www.english.illinois.edu/maps/po ... tempio.htm

... just some similarity to the emperor:

... and also some similarity ..

.. and the empress is considered to be Barbara of Cilly, the earlier empress:

... from the 14 Bembo trumps, likely made ca. 1452
Huck
http://trionfi.com

a) Great post, Huck!

b) Cremona is a Bianca Maria's dowry when married with Francesco.

c) I am investigating if the shield of the love`s triumph is the coat of Cremona. In this forum:

http://www.araldicacivica.it/forum/il-b ... -1441/#p19

GG said me this:
Finalmente, avendo ricevuto i relativi documenti, ti posso rispondere in merito allo stemma di Cremona: lo stemma iniziale fu la croce bianca in campo rosso riportata su una lapide del 1292 che ricorda la costruzione della Loggia dei Militi, ma già in un disegno di un Codice Vaticano del XIV secolo, riportante l'avvenimento dell'entrata di Gilberto da Correggio in Cremona (avvenuto nel novembre 1319) mentre i cremonesi escono dalla parte opposta, mostra questi ultimi portare una bandiera spiegata fasciata d'argento e di rosso e uno scudo d'argento a tre fascie di rosso. Successivamente uno scudo a sei fascie compare sulla facciata delle cattedrale riportata sul sigillo del comune datato tra il 1320 e il 1334. In seguito questo scudo, unito con il "braccio" di Giovanni Baldesio (inizialmente usato come cimiero), diventerà lo stemma attuale della città. Spero che questo risponda alla tua domanda, se ci fosse qualcosa di poco chiaro sono a tua disposizione; tutte le informazioni riportate sono tratte da Agostino Cavalcabò, Sommarie vicende dello stemma del comune di Cremona, Unione tipografica cremonese, Cremona, dicembre 1937.
He sayd the shield changed in the fourteenth century.

But I'm not sure yet (existing a coin, I can't find now, with the cross in the shield)
When a man has a theory // Can’t keep his mind on nothing else (By Ross)

Order of the Dragon

The doorway into the cloister of San Sigismundo features the same dog & mulberry tree motif - except the Spheara manuscript shows his collar removed, obediently attentive to the Sforza family emblem; whereas the Door shows him leashed. The mulberry tree, beside its’ connection to the Milanese silk industry, has been cited as a symbol of wise & prudent government due its’ tendency to flower slowly & ripen quickly.

Was someone trying to tell us something?

Upon the helm’s crest of the Sforza family emblem, I notice a Ring being offered by a Sigismund-looking Head sprouting from the Draco’s neck - like those comprising the Borromean Rings upon the Door. An emblem of the rulers of Cremona, there is a myth concerning its’ origin as a symbol of the friendship between the Emperor-elect, Sigismund, Anti-pope John 23, and Cabrino Fondulo, the mercenary who had seized the reigns of power in that city-state by orchestrating a massacre of its’ ruling class. Though later surrendering the city to Fillipo Maria Viscounti, to whom the emblem then passed, he was beheaded a few years later when the Duke learned of Fondulo plotting against him with Sigismundo Malatesta (the Wolf of Rimini).

As I understand it, Francesco Sforza’s troops had occupied Cremona prior to his wedding - so the Rings were more than just a dowry item: they were among the terms of a peace treaty that was to be sealed by his & Bianca’s nuptial vows. A marriage of opposites, so-to-speak.

I’ve still found nothing but allusions to Cremona’s mythical founding by Herakles, but it is interesting to note the association made between this ancestor-Hero & Francesco Sforza - one apparently borne out in at least one variant of the Milan pattern (http://www.angelfire.com/space/tarot/hercule.html). There is also the biscione on the Viscounti & Sforza family crests which, in a round-about way, ties the Dragon to Hercules’ 11th Labor in-so-far as the Golden Fleece (Chrysomallos) depicted here-

-is related to Hera’s orchard of golden apples by virtue of the Greek word melon (translatable as either 'sheep' or 'apple'). Coiled about the celestial pole, the constellation Draco depicts Ladon, the dragon charged by Hera to guard her precious wedding gift.

Nearby, Herakles triumphantly raises his club in one hand & holds a golden bough in the other, while one Foot rests upon Draco’s head...

I came across something which might help put this into perspective.
Take this diagram: http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_3eKuFFHGH30/S ... ngs+ii.jpg and find the golden section [Φ = (√5+1)/2], then compare to the Qabalah Tree.

Where's the apple?

Are we looking at mere coincidence, or is there something else going on here?
http://www.liv.ac.uk/~spmr02/rings/cosimo.jpg
Last edited by Yngwë Yngweron on 13 Jul 2010, 20:49, edited 2 times in total.

We discussed something like this here ...

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=365&p=6746&hilit=n ... ings#p6746

... also in this jungle ...

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=334&hilit=Borromean+rings&start=80

The Hercules story of the foundation of Cremona might be connected to the general use of Heracles by Greek colonists. Possibly some Greek emigrants founded the city in the less populated Italy. As the Greeks founded a lot of colonies, this isn't too remarkable. Though English Wikipedia says contradicting: "Cremona is first mentioned in history as a settlement of the Cenomani, a Gallic (Celtic) tribe that arrived in the Po valley around 400 BC. However, the name Cremona dates back (most probably) to earlier settlers and puzzled the ancients, who gave many fanciful interpretations."
Also there is this relation ... "When the Lombards invaded much of Italy in the second half of 6th century, Cremona remained a Byzantine stronghold as part of the Exarchate of Ravenna ... " says English Wikipedia to Cremona. So possibly "Herakles founded Cremona... " might be a late myth.

The most remarkable story of Cremona is, that it became victim in two battles in the year 69 ... perhaps this caused the military association "Heracles founded Cremona".

A publisher of Jewish literature in Cremona in mid 16th century used the device "Hercules with the hydra" and the motto "Superavit ac virtus"
http://www.jewishencyclopedia.com/view. ... z0ruD0a13c
Loggia dei Militi: Also on the main square, the Loggia dei Militi dates from the 13th century and is a good example of Lombard-Gothic architecture. Under the portico you'll see Hercules holding the city emblem as according to legend, Hercules founded the city.
http://goitaly.about.com/od/cremona/a/cremona.htm
... so tells the tourism industry.

Another source tells, that this building was built in 1292 ...

But I've great doubts, that this was made in 1292 ... surely not.

here is some more about it:
http://arretrato3.vascellocr.it/other.htm
Huck

The Apple of my Eye

Mahalo, Huck & Marco, for taking the time to consider my questions.
Yngwë Yngweron wrote:I came across something which might help put this into perspective.
Take this diagram: http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_3eKuFFHGH30/S ... ngs+ii.jpg and find the golden section [Φ = (√5+1)/2], then compare to the Qabalah Tree.

Where's the apple?
The Realms & Exiles of Jupiter (Zeus) & Mercury (Hermes) ♊♐♓♍, which form a Cross on the zodiacal wheel, can also be used to reconstruct this diagram. Being the essential dignities used to obtain the golden mean (Helios), we may surmise that the integration of Tarot & Qabalah could, in fact, be an incarnation of a much older system.

http://yzygy.blogspot.com/2010/05/borro ... gs-13.html
Yngwë Yngweron wrote: Are we looking at mere coincidence, or is there something else going on here?
http://www.liv.ac.uk/~spmr02/rings/cosimo.jpg
I've not yet visited the Church of San Sigismundo, but I get the impression that the edifice is something of an alchemical document in its' own right. One which may shed light upon the esoteric function of the Milan pattern and its' heir to the throne, the Tarot de Marseilles. Study the diagram in question and consider the shafts emanating from the King's Chamber in the Great Pyramid with respect to Orion (Osiris) & the star Thuban, and we may begin to appreciate why these cards have been called The Book of Thoth.

SINGULARITY

I have to admit, when I first saw your comparison of Sepher Yetzirah & I Ching mathematics I thought to myself: ...and they think I’m ‘out there’. But now 1 think 1 get where you’re coming from. There does seem to be an architectural framework to both systems that is consistent with the projection of the hypercube into a lower-dimensional manifold. Yet it should be noted that the underlying geometry here isn’t supposed to have been discovered until fairly recently.

This is probably due to a Knowledge of music theory that exploits the parallels between a geometric representation of pitch space and the synodic cycles of planetary conjunctions. What has been referred to as ‘the music of the spheres’. The integration of Tarot & Qabalah appears to model a specific dilemma stemming from Pythagorean tuning: the discrepancy between 7 octaves (128:1) and 12 Perfect Fifths (~129.74:1). The astrological/alchemical glyphs applied to the Hebrew alphabet/Marseilles pattern ultimately form a map of pitch space that allows us to see this problem within a context of octahedral figures combined with the diagram for obtaining the golden mean from a vesica piscis.

I’ll be able to go into greater detail once I’ve posted my diagrams for RING THREE: Hera’s Orchard. But the thesis goes something like this- Drawing from the nomenclature of alchemists & musicians, the refining process of Gold that utilizes the ‘Wolf of metals’ - antimony (lupus metallorum - to form a ‘Regulus’ is directly related to the Wolf fifth caused by Pythagorean tuning. The burning off of the Wolf to obtain very pure Gold is a metaphor for transmuting Pythagorean tuning into a system of equal-temperament. The underlying mathematics of this process provided a structural framework for the temple architecture of ancient Mediterranean civilizations, and was preserved in the formulation of the Greek & Hebrew alphabets, as well as the constellations & their associated myths. This also formed the core of the ancient mystery traditions & is reflected in what fragmentary evidence survived the cultural purge initiated by the Theodosian decrees.

Whoever acquired the manuscript(s) detailing this methodology orchestrated its’ reintroduction into western civilization in such a way that the events surrounding the ‘birth of Tarot’ would be immutably etched in time as an alchemical drama, or riddle, for future generations to put together. The Order of the Dragon may have been a vehicle for this ‘conspiracy’, but I suspect Cosimo d’Medici was its’ mastermind. Mahalo, Magnus COSMus.

My ‘Cremonese Inquiries’ are an attempt to gain a better understanding of the setting for this ritual play as I currently lack the means to travel there myself. But I have a hunch that the design of San Sigismundo embodies this System in much the same way as Kabbalah preserves the Temple of Solomon. The whole Hercules motif seems to have been put to use in the role of Francesco Sforza within a Greek/Latin rendition of this drama, which is why I’d really like to learn more about the legend concerning his foundation of Cremona.

In a curious aside, I first learned of the method of partitioning Tarot by digital root (which led me to this thesis) from a student of Marie Louise von Franz - the intellectual heir to Carl Jung’s studies into alchemy & the first person to notice the mathematical parallels between the I Ching & the triple-codon binary structure of the DNA. If you’re not familiar with her work, I recommend it highly. Also- this Tarot/Qabalah aenigma appears to operate by a harmonic integration of forms induced by figurate sums, cyclical graphs & hyperbolic links. With respect to the Borromean Rings, you may find this digital animation on their hyperbolic complement of interest: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AGLPbSMxSUM

A few years back an acquaintance of mine (now deceased) wrote a book on the algorithm generating the first order of difference in the King Wen sequence of the I Ching. It was called “The Invisible Landscape” by Terrence & Dennis McKenna. In that work he described a fractal wave generated by this algorithm that, he believed, modeled the ebb & flow of Tao through time - the upward slope representing a conservation of ‘Habit’ & the down-slope indicating our movement into ‘Novelty’, eventual reaching a Zero point where Habit disappeared completely. It sounds a bit off the wall, but he actually made a decent living touring this thing around the world: http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... 9684666916#

The ‘zero point’ he determined for his Timewave has a bizarre correlation to my own work with Tarot/Qabalah in that, within the context of symbols, it literally points to the same date as the moment of illumination.

--XX--
-- ש --

♊(Φ)♑
- ♐ -

-- מ --
--XII--

Re: SINGULARITY

Yngwë Yngweron wrote:I have to admit, when I first saw your comparison of Sepher Yetzirah & I Ching mathematics I thought to myself: ...and they think I’m ‘out there’. But now 1 think 1 get where you’re coming from. There does seem to be an architectural framework to both systems that is consistent with the projection of the hypercube into a lower-dimensional manifold. Yet it should be noted that the underlying geometry here isn’t supposed to have been discovered until fairly recently.
The figure was found and developed in the years 1985-87 as a "structure of I-Ching", published 1988, by Lothar Teikemeier, "I-Ging = Tarot", but the basic of the mathematical consideration was older (a friend told about Hasse diagrams, whereby Hasse didn't involve I-Ching ... as far it is known by me).
Recently a man from Hungary discovered it independently, József Drasny, Budapest, 2007

http://www.i-ching.hu/

If any (much) older Chinese scholar or another known or anonymous kabbalist was near to a similar idea, is unknown. Definitely it's clear, that the binary code with six digits had a preference in the past human culture and was used by many for different interests, in I-Ching, in Kabbala, in other religious, poetical or technical systems and that since very old times (a very old example: the Horus-eye; another: the internal structure of the Phoenecian or Hebrew alphabet).

The focus is on the binary code with 6 digits, but actually any binary code with at least 3 digits is presentable in a 3-dimensional form.
This is probably due to a Knowledge of music theory that exploits the parallels between a geometric representation of pitch space and the synodic cycles of planetary conjunctions. What has been referred to as ‘the music of the spheres’. The integration of Tarot & Qabalah appears to model a specific dilemma stemming from Pythagorean tuning: the discrepancy between 7 octaves (128:1) and 12 Perfect Fifths (~129.74:1). The astrological/alchemical glyphs applied to the Hebrew alphabet/Marseilles pattern ultimately form a map of pitch space that allows us to see this problem within a context of octahedral figures combined with the diagram for obtaining the golden mean from a vesica piscis.

I’ll be able to go into greater detail once I’ve posted my diagrams for RING THREE: Hera’s Orchard. But the thesis goes something like this- Drawing from the nomenclature of alchemists & musicians, the refining process of Gold that utilizes the ‘Wolf of metals’ - antimony (lupus metallorum - to form a ‘Regulus’ is directly related to the Wolf fifth caused by Pythagorean tuning. The burning off of the Wolf to obtain very pure Gold is a metaphor for transmuting Pythagorean tuning into a system of equal-temperament. The underlying mathematics of this process provided a structural framework for the temple architecture of ancient Mediterranean civilizations, and was preserved in the formulation of the Greek & Hebrew alphabets, as well as the constellations & their associated myths. This also formed the core of the ancient mystery traditions & is reflected in what fragmentary evidence survived the cultural purge initiated by the Theodosian decrees.
I'm not familiar with such things and can't judge, to which degree they really present analogies to the basic scheme (six binary digits), but generally this basic scheme is VERY SIMPLE and useful in many different contexts ...
Whoever acquired the manuscript(s) detailing this methodology orchestrated its’ reintroduction into western civilization in such a way that the events surrounding the ‘birth of Tarot’ would be immutably etched in time as an alchemical drama, or riddle, for future generations to put together.

Well, as already stated, the basic scheme is very simple, and it actually needed nobody to reintroduce it to Western civilization ... as it was never really absent ... :-). For instance, binary ideas can be proven and shown in systems like geomancy or inside the chess game. Also in general grammatical ideas ... the idea to present "time" in language (with Pluperfect tense and its 5 comrades) follows a simple binary scheme, the 8 personal pronomina (I, you, it, we, you, they and he and she as sexual identifier) is another general pattern.

It for instance may be used a weighing system, having one basic unit and getting other higher units just by doubling the weights. 1, 2, 4, 8 ... etc. It's just a basic system, like the decimal numeral system or the sexagesimal system could be also called "basic systems", though these present more complex forms and are "less simple" and so "less basic" ... :-).

Well, we speak with the binary scheme of the trivial, usual things, and mixing it with ideas like "great mysteries", "alchemical drama", "birth of Tarot ... " is near to "I didn't see the forest cause all these trees here".
The Order of the Dragon may have been a vehicle for this ‘conspiracy’, but I suspect Cosimo d’Medici was its’ mastermind. Mahalo, Magnus COSMus.

My ‘Cremonese Inquiries’ are an attempt to gain a better understanding of the setting for this ritual play as I currently lack the means to travel there myself. But I have a hunch that the design of San Sigismundo embodies this System in much the same way as Kabbalah preserves the Temple of Solomon. The whole Hercules motif seems to have been put to use in the role of Francesco Sforza within a Greek/Latin rendition of this drama, which is why I’d really like to learn more about the legend concerning his foundation of Cremona.
In the trivial view of the matter it might be, that the Cremonese Hercules idea developed from just the fact, that Sforza (with a lion in its heraldic) took Cremona and that this became the begin of a lucky time for Cremona and so the situation found opportunity to be remembered by some art productions of the local artists, which celebrated Sforza as a "big Hercules" of 15th century.
So really nothing with "great mystery", just a sort of contemporary advertisement, comparable to the way, how Coca Cola presents itself as the inventor of Santa Claus.
In a curious aside, I first learned of the method of partitioning Tarot by digital root (which led me to this thesis) from a student of Marie Louise von Franz - the intellectual heir to Carl Jung’s studies into alchemy & the first person to notice the mathematical parallels between the I Ching & the triple-codon binary structure of the DNA. If you’re not familiar with her work, I recommend it highly.
As already stated, the binary system with six digits is a very practical and simple tool and it was used either by the DNS itself or by the researchers, which used it to describe their system, fixed on their recorded idea: "it must be simple". In this debate around the I-Ching - DNS connection there have been even imaginations, that the old masters of I-Ching had introspection in the nature of DNS ... :-) ... well, wrong ... they had insight in that, what was very simple, and this they did use with some enthusiasm.

Modern mind occasionally behaves a little bit confused. So as with Leibniz, who just had invented the "binary code", but found then information of the I-Ching use in China and felt totally puzzled.
Huck

I am going there to wake him up

Huck wrote:“The use of the scheme is already detectable in Old Egyptia, also in the bible, also in Greek Mythology (although in a modified form). And in other cultures. It was just a very common structure in older times, but became in the Western world lost in later generations. It is a very good system, useful as divination tool or memory system. Divination systems and memory systems lost their meaning with the invention of Monotheism and scripture, this should be the reason, why this simple structure was mystified and lost in history.”
I tend to lean more toward the Art of Memory where the ‘Book of Thoth’ is concerned, but I can see why the combinatricks have been utilized in game theory & divination. The ‘simplicity’ of the underlying mathematical structure can be mystifying, to say the least. After all, I’ve spent the past several years reverse engineering what is essentially a card trick. Its’ mnemonic value seems rooted in its’ own inherently cryptic methods of training oneself to think in progressively HigHer dimensions; and the formulation of our astrological glyphs + the essential dignities seem to reflect this.

I whole-heartedly agree with you that there is a much longer discussion to be had concerning the structure of the deck; thus far, it has proven challenging to engage the Tarot community in a discussion of the applicable mathematics -and the occultist/kabbalist community are practically pathological in their avowed secrecy. Given the value of personal epiphany in treading the pathways for oneself, 1 think 1 can understand whY; but there are compelling reasons to drop the pretensions of occult doctrine & openly discuss ‘the mysteries’ again - if, for no other reason, that unless we Human Beings forge a unifying paradigm we are collectively d-o-o-m-e-d. And, by the look of things, we seem to be at the tipping point.

Regarding the 2012 bit, I must admit that I had decided a while back (right after Terrence had passed) that I wasn’t going to waste any more time or energy on that much-hyped brand of eschatology unless there were an arrow pointing straight at it. Which, ironically, is exactly what the integration of Tarot & Qabalah does. As I’ve argued elsewhere, it even conveniently codifies the natal chart for Dec.25th, 1 BC - the point from which we calculate our year count & a necessary prerequisite for the XX__XII of the mother letters to hold any significance whatsoever.
But that is another discussion... or is it?
Huck wrote:“Well, as already stated, the basic scheme is very simple, and it actually needed nobody to reintroduce it to Western civilization ... as it was never really absent ...”
‘Nobody’ as in a nothing, which no one takes into account, like a Cypher?
I agree that it was never really absent inasmuch as this system has been hidden in plain sight; but let us not forget that the Dark Ages occurred precisely because the champions of the Nicene creed were extremely zealous in their disregard for ‘pagan’ knowledge. Given the hegemonic control the Orthodox Church exercised over western Europe in the wake of the Theodosian decrees, the mnemonic value of this system had to be presented as something as seemingly innocuous as a card game before its’ more esoteric functions could be progressively revealed.
Huck wrote:“In the trivial view of the matter it might be, that the Cremonese Hercules idea developed from just the fact, that Sforza (with a lion in its heraldic) took Cremona and that this became the begin of a lucky time for Cremona and so the situation found opportunity to be remembered by some art productions of the local artists, which celebrated Sforza as a "big Hercules" of 15th century.
So really nothing with "great mystery", just a sort of contemporary advertisement, comparable to the way, how Coca Cola presents itself as the inventor of Santa Claus.”
Which is pretty much what I’ve suspected, but I think you may be downplaying the alchemical aspects a bit too much. The Sforza-Hercules connection plays too perfectly into the whole method of obtaining the golden apple from the vesica piscis.

Consider how the 11th point in the Tree (Gnosis) corresponds to the diagram and directs Sagittarius arrow to the constellation Draco (Ladon). At the time the Great Pyramid was built the shafts emanating from the King’s chamber pointed to the stars Thuban (then the pole star in Draco) and the zenith of Alnitak in the belt of Orion (Osiris); whilst the shafts from the Queen’s chamber pointed to Thuban & Sirius (Isis).

♐ = XIV: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Legend_of_Osiris_and_Isis

I’ve been searching for a catalogue of the frescoes in San Sigismundo to determine whether they may somehow be connected to this system &, thus far, have uncovered an intriguing correlation:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/San_Sigism ... Cremona%29

The Resurrection of Alazurs, by Camillo Boccaccino portrays Lazarus the moment before his resurrection. Though technically not in accordance with story told in the book of John, the scene embodies the phrase “Lazarus is Dead” spoken by Jesus in chapter 11:14 - which happens to be the seked of the Great Pyramid. It has also been suggested that Lazarus is even etymologically derived from Osiris. And, of course, the case has been made that Jesus bears many similarities to the Sun god, Horus.

I’m sure you’ll have issue with many aspects of my narrative, but I’d be interested to hear your criticism of this: http://yzygy.blogspot.com/2010/06/borro ... gs-23.html

mahalo.