Re: Missale 1593

Ok. I understand. Thanks, friend :) .

Well, I don't know what kind of Christ is this...

http://www.bible-art.info/Resurrection.htm

In any case, I think the Angelo is the Last Judgement. It was fashionable at the time. For example, Visconti had in his library Joakim di Fiore. In the Chorpus Christi processions, for another example, the Angel simbolized the last Judgement.

I dont know if a French cardmarker painted Christ back and teaching ass. It's strange :-? .
When a man has a theory // Can’t keep his mind on nothing else (By Ross)

mmfilesi wrote:Ok. I understand. Thanks, friend :) .

Well, I don't know what kind of Christ is this...

http://www.bible-art.info/Resurrection.htm

In any case, I think the Angelo is the Last Judgement. It was fashionable at the time. For example, Visconti had in his library Joakim di Fiore. In the Chorpus Christi processions, for another example, the Angel simbolized the last Judgement.

I dont know if a French cardmarker painted Christ back and teaching ass. It's strange :-? .
You find an image from the tarot strange??? =))

I'm not ready to argue the case, I'm only saying that, until this week, I would have agreed with you that it was a Judgement Day scene. Now, I'm leaning towards a Christ's Resurrection scene.

Naked Christs? Have I mentioned the World card in the Tarot de Marseille and Vieville? :D

As for Visconti, I don't think the family had much to do with the creation of tarot. I'm a Bologna believer. :-bd

Right. Okay. See, this is why I shouldn't publish things until I've thought them through.

After much (at least half an hour at 2:30am) consideration, I'm back to suggesting that Judgement and the World need to be considered two halves of one image.

So... Christ in Glory above, General Resurrection below, John and Mary in the Judgement Scene interceding for rising soul (not Jesus, bare assed or not).

Although, that being said, John and Mary should have halos and clothing really shouldn't be optional. Damn it... now I'm floundering.

It's John and Mary, it's John and Mary, it's John and Mary. :-$

It's John and Mary, it's John and Mary, it's John and Mary. :-$
:D Hate to rain on your parade....That ain't no sepulcher- nor is there the greatest miracle of the rolled back stone.
If you must go this way....
Look to Mathew... Jesus, when he had cried out in a loud voice, yielded up the Spirit, and behold, A trumpet sounded and the the temple was rent from top to bottom, and the Earth shook and the rocks split and the graves were opened up and many of the Saints that slept- rose up. (best as I can remember it) O:-)

Like the Bologna origins best of all. Nah, Visconti played with a game first probably as a soldier- then got uppity and rich. :ymparty:

~Lorredan
The Universe is full of magical things patiently waiting for our wits to grow sharper.
Eden Phillpotts

robert wrote: You find an image from the tarot strange??? =))
Well, in general, I dont think the tarot has an unusual images. Many are common at the time. Maybe, only the popes is a little more rare. Sorry.
robert wrote:Naked Christs? Have I mentioned the World card in the Tarot de Marseille and Vieville? :D
No... excuse me English. Not naked, but back and showing his ass... I only see it in a gay parade of Madrid O:-)
robert wrote: I'm not ready to argue the case,
Me neither, of course... but I think the discussions are healthy :) .
After much (at least half an hour at 2:30am) consideration, I'm back to suggesting that Judgement and the World need to be considered two halves of one image.
I think this is brilliant. Thank you.

Well, I'll put in another way...

In general, in the representations of the Last Judgement, there are these elements:

Heaven - God
Saints who intercede (like the Virgin Mary and John)
Dead rising

Some examples...

[Ouch, I cant upload images: Sorry, the board attachment quota has been reached]

http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File: ... ericht.jpg
http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Juicio_final.jpg

Well, never mind ... The question is, If the man back is Jesus ... Where are the dead?

Edit: and... in same cases, the man is blue, as the dead or the soul... and, Jesus with the same size -or more litle- as the saints? Strange.

robert wrote: Well, let's be careful with the titles. I'm always dubious of the names of cards as I think sometimes they mislead us into seeing things that aren't really the topic.
Well there seems nothing particularly Christ like about any of the three figures of Visconti-Sforza, and doesn't one of the early painted judgment cards (the Cary-Yale Visconti) actually have the words 'rise for judgement' painted on it?

SteveM wrote:
robert wrote: Well, let's be careful with the titles. I'm always dubious of the names of cards as I think sometimes they mislead us into seeing things that aren't really the topic.
Well there seems nothing particularly Christ like about any of the three figures of Visconti-Sforza, and doesn't one of the early painted judgment cards (the Cary-Yale Visconti) actually have the words 'rise for judgement' painted on it?
Found it, the Cary-Yale has 'surgite ad judicam', stand up/rise to justice/judgment.

The lovers card too has the word 'amor' across the top of the pavilion - so there does seem to be a relationship between the insciptions painted on these cards and traditional names with which they are associated (love and judgment).

robert wrote: After much (at least half an hour at 2:30am) consideration, I'm back to suggesting that Judgement and the World need to be considered two halves of one image.
mmfilesi wrote: I think this is brilliant. Thank you.
... :-) ... I would think, that according the art of combination there are 231 double-pictures for 22 single pictures ... and a good question it is, which of them wouldn't be really not brilliant.

If 21/20 "brilliant"
then 19/18 (two lights) brilliant
17/16 (two other lights) brilliant
14/15 (two angels) brilliant
13/12 (two bad things) brilliant
11/10 (why not ... virtue and fortune) brilliant
9/8 (Time and Justice) brilliant
7/6 ( ... very good, I've 1000 ideas, how this might be understood) brilliant
5/4 (two important men) brilliant
3/2 (two important woman) brilliant
1/0 (yes, of course) brilliant ...

... .-) ... this all looks like a shop of a diamond trader