How Swift They've Passed, Life's Hasty Seasons

The Lovers. The pleasures of youth. Courtship & romance. Friends, song & wine. Rejoice, this Vernal life!! Venus' gift. What more fitting a symbol for this jubilant time than the CUP.

The Chariot. Success, success!! The passion for achievement. For fame, like Mars we ride. Here, here, the time to strike. Make thy mark. With Estival heat, we burn our way to notoriety. No better emblem for our striving than the SWORD.

Father Time. With age we seek wisdom. On life's pleasures we did feast. In our callings we prevailed. Tis time we turn inward - seek knowledge, wisdom, meaning. So much to understand. Take heed & be wary - Saturn's impatient hourglass. The STAFF represents our Autumnal journey.

Fortuna. Our Sun doeth set, and Luna awakes. Pleasure, success, and knowledge we've sipped. Life's wheel has made it's round. Fortuna's 'gifts', none can refuse. It's too late to escape that fickle kiss. Hopefully, well-stocked for the long Brumal night. Take pleasure in the material comforts, but frugally. The COIN.

RaH
When a clock is hungry, it goes back four seconds.

Re: How Swift They've Passed, Life's Hasty Seasons

Reading the titles you suggest as "Youth, Middle Age, Maturity, Old Age", something just does not 'ring' right to my own ears (and it is my own...)

So this is not a comment about the more important insight of connection the four suits of Cups, Swords, Batons and Coins to VI, VII, VIIII, and X, but rather simply the suggested titular aspect.

Why not have: Youth, Maturity, Old Age, and Death (and Birth) - with the last symbolic of passing on (via inheritance) the fortunes of one's life. With this, the senses of 'maturity' and 'old age' appear to be (at least to me) more congruent with the cards presented.
&
association.tarotstudies.org

Re: How Swift They've Passed, Life's Hasty Seasons

jmd wrote:Why not have: Youth, Maturity, Old Age, and Death (and Birth) - with the last symbolic of passing on (via inheritance) the fortunes of one's life. With this, the senses of 'maturity' and 'old age' appear to be (at least to me) more congruent with the cards presented.
Yes! That does work well. I quite like your idea of 'passing on' via inheritance.

Cheers,

RaH
When a clock is hungry, it goes back four seconds.