Re: Here is a Game of "Prints"

debra wrote:Is that Greek pi on the larger cup?
I think it is the Christogram IHS and the "cup" is an Obstensorium.
The meaning of the print is a celabration (almost a Triumph :) ) of the Blessed Sacrament.

Interestingly, this image has analogies with a few ancient cards. The first that come to my mind are:
* Visconti Sforza World
* Sola Busca ace of coins

Marco

Yes, looks like they are moving it onto a chess board. (or is that off of the chess board?)

Another antigaming picture story? is that a holy cloud burst with Christ peeping through? Some slightly Middle Eastern looking turrets in the back ground too....
"...he wanted to illustrate with his figures many Moral teachings, and under some difficulty, to bite into bad and dangerous customs, & show how today many Actions are done without goodness and honesty, and are accomplished in ways that are contrary to duty and rightfulness."

The French text below the image seem to say that the Church was actually move by the angels. The foundations (the "chess board") are still near Nazareth. But I could not understand were they brought the Church.
I think in Italy there are ancient churches who are said to have been brought there by a miracle. I think one of them is in Loreto. I cannot see the link with the previous image with the obstensorium.
This one is difficult indeed :)

Marco