Re: Here is a Game of "Prints"

Print "A"
Saint Michael

Franconian(?) 1450-70
Associated with the S.*807c series of saints by Schreiber, but it is artistically and technically so much superior that it seemed best to describe it separately. The S.*807c series is described as among the crudest woodcuts of the 15th c., but still precious because only one of them exists in a second impression. The workmanship in the series reveals several designers, and it is possible that in some cases, designer and engraver were one and the same, but that the series was produced by several hands. Determining the origin of these prints has proven difficult. (He cites technical similarities in conflict with iconographic contradictions.)

Print "B"
Saint Michael

Upper Rhine or Bodensee, ca. 1430-40
On the Day of Judgment the task of weighing the souls of the resurrected dead falls to Michael. In our woodcut, a demon attempts to offset the balance in favor of the devil, perhaps unsuccessfully thanks to the cross and staff which the archangel bears. The archangels were Old Testament figures who supported the throne of God and served as the chief angels of Heaven. Among them were Raphael, Gabriel, Uriel and Michael.

This handsome print was one of a group of important woodcuts that were copied throughout southern Germany and Austria. (By similarities in style and rendering details, he associates it with the same workshop as the Buxheim St. Christopher. He then goes on to list several other associated prints, and describes several speculative theories on their possible groupings and origins.)
I am not a cannibal.

Game of "Prints"-- Intermedio

INTERMEDIO

This past round was more or less the midpoint of the game, so it is time for a brief interlude.

While we wait, here is a picture of some now-dead people playing a game a long time ago.
They didn't have the internet, so they had to play face-to-face.
Things are different now.

This is just a picture scratched on a dish, so it is not part of our game.
This here one is just for looking at. Randomly. While we wait for the game to proceed.

I guess you will just have to imagine the music.
(Or, if you lack imagination, search for "Lee Perry Mad Man Dubwise")
=p~

I'll try to get the next print hung up in a few days.
I have to re-shoot some things.
I am not a cannibal.

Re: Here is a Game of "Prints"

It's just a glazed earthenware plate.
Circa 1450, Northern Italian. (Possibly Ferrara?)

The now-dead people used to eat snacks from it while they played their game.
There is no evidence of anything else.
=p~

But this is a print game, not a plate game, so it doesn't matter.
I am not a cannibal.