Re: Nicolas Conver code bars

EUGIM wrote:* Ross:
You shared to us a deck very too much later than Conver...

-So,which earlier deck than Conver have those bars ?

/:)
Eugim, if you can name five Tarot de Marseille decks earlier than Conver off the top of your head in the next 5 minutes, I'll try to look.

I'm counting the minutes, by the way.

Ross G. R. Caldwell wrote:
EUGIM wrote:* Ross:
You shared to us a deck very too much later than Conver...

-So,which earlier deck than Conver have those bars ?

/:)
Eugim, if you can name five Tarot de Marseille decks earlier than Conver off the top of your head in the next 5 minutes, I'll try to look.

I'm counting the minutes, by the way.
Sorry, time's up.

You could have named:

Noblet
Payen
Dodal
Burdel
Madenié

I'm confused.

Eugim, are you suggesting that there IS some secret code? Are you agreeing with ROM?

Or are you just wondering why there are lines on some decks and not others? If that's the case, I don't think anyone is going to be able to come up with an answer because I can't imagine anyone knowing.

Just because there are lines there on the Conver and decks that are copies of Conver, that doesn't mean that there is some special code to them, does it?

I think Ross' point with this is that if someone wants to know the answer to something, it's their responsibility to do the research and spend the time on it rather than simply asking questions and expecting other people to go out and do the research for them. We all could agree with that I think!

So Eugim, what is the goal of this? What is it you are trying to get at?

Thanks.

* Hello Robert:
Just to be clearest I will enumerate ...

1-Earlier I pointed "strongly" that I am not agree with ROM nor with Flornoy.
2-Thus if an stranger cat enter at my house my others 8 cats will ask him : " And you so what ? "
3-Thus if an engraver "took" the deliberated intention to engrave bar codes,must be a reason why.
We all know which is the size of a mould,and farther which is the size of each card in the mould.
Anyone here as I did many years ago,who tried to do an engrave,knows what I am talking about...
4-So,my dear friend ...
. What that code bars unnecessary ?
If it was,so why are there ???
5-I opened the topic just for ask someone if know the reason why.
All replied that there is not a reason why.

. So ends of story just for me of course...

Au revoir Monsieur.
The Universe is like a Mamushka.

I too, Eugim, have done a little bit of woodcarving (but only a tiny bit) for the purposes of making a 'plate' from which to imprint an image.

I can well imagine how, in the Conver woodblock below, the carver decided in some cases to remove all the 'empty' space adjacent the titles, and in other cases 'played' and allowed some lines to remain.

There need not be any other reason for these - and if there are, then it would be worthwhile presenting such (as ROM has done, though we are then at liberty to ascertain whether the suggestion holds).

&
association.tarotstudies.org

* Just let me see ...
Conver card size : wide/ 6.6 - high / 12 centimeter
Name card Bar : 5.6 centimeter x 5 milimeter.

- So now see the example of the XI card :
. Conver placed 20 very precise,clear done lines just because he was bored or because he was a "funny" guy ?
Twenty lines in 18 milimeters ?
-Try you to draw 20 lines in 18 milimeters.
And I am not saying you to engrave them...

- Only 5 cards have bar codes.

Au revoir...
The Universe is like a Mamushka.