Re: Is the Tarot de Marseille more typical of Renaissance or Gothic artwork?

...to my eyes, if I look at such details as the non-blindfolded Justice, Fortune's Wheel, and usage of the additive form of Roman numerals, the clothing suggested on the Cavaliers (and others) and, importantly, the suggested heraldic devices, it is more reminiscent of late Mediæval than of Renaissance art in terms of its image... BUT, in terms of its completed sequence and its production (given the availability of paper mills and the like), a product of the Renaissance.

After all, even in the Renaissance many works still had qualities reminiscent of former times, as those woodcuts from various periods linked above by Steve show.
&
association.tarotstudies.org

Re: Is the Tarot de Marseille more typical of Renaissance or Got

Mediæval individually crafted hand-painted miniatures and woodcuts have differences that can certainly be apparent, Eugim... I'm not sure what you're suggesting - though the image is of course highly interesting as it hints that a three-fold division of the 'Devil' as Satan (with face on belly), Lucifer (with wings) and Hell (with its huge mouth and tongue dangling).
&
association.tarotstudies.org