Re: Possible Bianca Sforza portrait by Da Vinci.

Ross,
I think, it's not Bianca Maria (Empress), about which was spoken in the report, but Bianca Sforza, illegitime daughter of Ludovico Sforza, which married the tournament hero and later disappointing Milanese general Galeazzo Sanseverino 1496 and died 1497 (15 years old) short before Beatrice d'Este (wife of Ludovico) died. There exists another (better known) female portrait from the Milanese court with similarities to the person of this new picture (about the other it is also speculated, that it presents this illegitime daughter Bianca).
Huck
http://trionfi.com

Hi Huck- Robert's original link said that...
Mr Kemp speculated that the profile of the young girl whose hair hangs in a long single braid could be the portrait of Bianca Sforza, daughter of the Ludivico Sforza, the 15th-century Duke of Milan.
~Lorredan
The Universe is full of magical things patiently waiting for our wits to grow sharper.
Eden Phillpotts

Lorredan wrote:Hi Huck- Robert's original link said that...
Mr Kemp speculated that the profile of the young girl whose hair hangs in a long single braid could be the portrait of Bianca Sforza, daughter of the Ludivico Sforza, the 15th-century Duke of Milan.
~Lorredan
Yes, the report also says so, but many pages present errors ... Ross perhaps perceived the wrong written Lidivico Sforza as an error and ignored it, relating it to Bianca Maria (the Empress, daughter of Galeazzo Maria Sforza). Atually I also perceived it first as an error.
Huck
http://trionfi.com

That was an interesting link Huck. I am not sure if the premise about the Jewelery etc is indicative of status. The Lady with the Ermine is supposed to be Lodvico Sforza's mistress neither Noble or famous and she has a jet necklace.(an expensive piece).
The Mona Lisa ( by Da Vinci)is in dark browns and dour colour and has no jewelery or adornment and he even chose not to depict Lisa del Giocondo wedding ring.The study for Isabella d'Este is Jewelery free and in dark colours. It seems that most of his paintings have a minimum of adornments and little rich colour, regardless of the ladies status.

I wondered if it might be Beatrice D'Este actually.
~Lorredan
The Universe is full of magical things patiently waiting for our wits to grow sharper.
Eden Phillpotts

Ahhh Thank you Huck- that is the portrait of Beatrice d'Este at her wedding to Lodvico Sforza. Yes the nose is quite different. These women were painted older I think- or they were older in manner at least- Beatrice was only 15 when she married Sforza. So maybe the painting in question is Bianca.

~Lorredan
Eden Phillpotts